What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

JBL System

A

Anonymous

Hi All,
Just in process of finalising my spec and just need to know if the JBL system is worth going for?, I've had upgraded systems before (i.e BOSE) and not been impressed atall, I would be really grateful for the feedback!.
Cheers

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
I think is definitely worth the extra cost. The RCZ I tested wasn't equiped with the system, and my car is. I must say that even I can hear the diffence. The sound is much warmer at low an high volume. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Now i'm of the opposite opinion, £600 to upgrade the sound system ! i guess is down to budget, but found i could spend the money on more worth while options.
for instance £600 will cover the cost of the sports pack and front skirts, and even if you have aleady opted for those extras, i personaly didnt think the JBL upgrade was that impressive compared to the standard equipment, then again i've ordered the Ng4 media option so maybe that is a different sound again ?

A

Anonymous

well when it comes to budget its either integral leather or the JBL, guess i need to find a car with JBL in to see if it's worth it, what i dont want to do is find that the standard kit is not upto it and have to end up adding amps etc!, thanks for the replys guys.

A

Anonymous

no i think your right Joske, i'm pretty sure it's going to be the JBL system rather than the integral leather, just colour now, Opal or Dolphin!! hmmmmm!!!!

A

Anonymous

I agree with Joske here, there is not a lot in difference to look at between the integral leather and the standard dash. In fact i thought the standard dash was leather until the sales guy told me different.
As for the sound sytem well we will have to agree to disagree, but i think there are better extra options to spend the money on other than the JBL upgrade :beer:

A

Anonymous

Well Jac, i think the spec i'm going to plumb for is

200 GT Opal White/Dolphin Blue
Standard Leather
Midnight Silver Sortilege
Black Mirror Caps
Black Calipers
JBL Upgrade

Thats as far as the purse strings can stretch, what ya think???

A

Anonymous

Very nice son, very nice !!
Have you ordered yet ?
Mine is due in around 5/6 weeks.
I have to say that i think white just pips the other colours, again though it's a personal choice.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Bingbongrcz

I would disagree with others. I have the standard sound system and to be honest it is excellent. It is like being sat in the middle of a concert, the quality is very good, even at high volume - which i's normally on in my car. I'd be tempted to spend your money elsewhere.

I would go with White too - but then I am biased :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thanks Lads, it's looking more and more like Opal at the mo, just seems to catch the eye abit more, not placed order yet as i'm still to completley settle on spec although i'm concious of the price increase!!, thanks RCZ1 for the feedback on the standard system, I'm having an extended TD from my dealer before i place the order so will give it a good testing then!, perhaps if i dont go for it i could stretch and get a Carbon Roof! although I have got an excellent soloution for that!!

A

Anonymous

Bing, have you spoken to Marcus, (RCZGT200), he's the sales manager of Perrys Milton Keynes, it may well be worth a chat before you order elsewhere, i traveled up from Swansea to order my RCZ with him, bit of a distance but worth it. Check him out on here just look for his name. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I agree with RCZ1, the standard system is very very good, like i said the £600 could be spent on better options, the JBL upgrade does not feel like £600 well spent, again this is just my opinion.