What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

JBL System settings

Leeston

Reaction score
I have my new RCZ (well, new to me, 2012 200bhp model) and I absolutely love it, love everything about it except for the stereo system, I have the Monaco pack which has the JBL system, which I understand is actually a upgraded option.

I use cd's and a USB stick.

I have come from a Mercedes C180 which had a terrific sound system, no comparison to the RCZ car wise, the RCZ is so much more enjoyable from a drivers point of view but I do find the sound somewhat lacking, just feels light and I am continually trying to beef it up......Am continually looking for the enhance button...but it is not there of course.

So, I am asking what settings you might use re bass and treble settings in order to try and get it sounding a little better.

Must add, I am not young by any means....60yo but I truly love my music and enjoy listening to my Miles Davis, John Martyn, Pink Floyd, Dylan etc etc in the car....so I am twenty plus music wise....:)

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

Lee

pete.garratt

Reaction score
If I remember rightly, there is a 'loudness' button somewhere in the menus. I can't remember where precisely, because I switched mine on at day 1 and have never touched it again.

However, I think it might be what you're looking for, so have a browse around the menus and/or consult your handbook.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
I came to the conclusion that the JBL system is very "sensitive" to the MP3 quality you play from the USB stick. Are those songs at high bit rate and quality, then the JBL plays with power and volume. Are they sampled at low quality, then JBL plays them as flat as they are. No sugar-coating there.

Leeston

Reaction score
Hi RCZ-R

I think you have nailed it, that must be the reason for the dullness of the sound, my last vehicle did not have mp3 capacity so I am totally unused to the sound of the format etc

I will stick a good quality cd in the and I am sure I will see the difference, should have thought of this immediately, i will put it down to a senior moment or two.

Thanks again, good advice.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Glad to be of any help here :greetings-wavingblue:

Don't worry, I run into the same problem when I picked up the car from the dealer. I was disappointed too. Actually my first negative feedback about the RCZ was about the sound system only. Then I learnt I used bad quality MP3, some 128kbits downloaded garbage. How did I find out? Just by coincidence I put in a CD with great quality recording on it and it opened my eyes. Or shall I say, my ears. Since then I try either to sample those MP3s by myself using high quality Frauenhofer codecs or play CDs.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I play all my music from a USB stick. I make sure all songs are 320 kbps, or at the very least 192 kbps.

Loud on
Bass: 8 or 10
Middle: (minus) -1
Treble: 10

Keep in mind that sound settings are individual for radio, CD & USB, so make sure you set it for all separately.