What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Jbl stereo sound distortion

A

Anonymous

I turned on my radio this morning all I got was a very distorted output on all radio stations including aux input. I turned engine off and on but still very distorted sounds. Have had to drive without any music today :(
Any one have any ideas why this would happen. I will have to arrange a dealer visit if sound is still distorted on my journey home. I would describe the sound output like radio station is not tuned in properly. But this is same for aux input too.. Horrible!

A

Anonymous

I play mp3 in ky RCZ, at full volume, the sound is still perfect! Yes, I turn full volume occasionally when there are some really nice songs that I wanna enjoy! The RCZ JBL SYSTEM is the best that I have owned.

samwell

Reaction score
Sounds like a problem with a connection or something, if it's occurring at all sources. Have you tried ensuring all accessible wires are connected correctly? I've not looked myself but I believe the amplifier is in the boot, might be worth having a fiddle!

If not, then a dealer visit will be in order me thinks!

A

Anonymous

Thanks Samwell. Will have a check later.. But I've not been fiddling with any compartments or wiring. Hope it is a quick fix. I believe the JBL amp is in the boot accessible in the right tail light area (if memory serves right from previous listings I've read)?
Can't believe I would have blown the speakers, especially if kkrcz plays at full volume! My ears couldn't take that!!

A

Anonymous

Turned engine on at lunchtime and sound issues have gone away. Had the big Peugeot screen saver come on too. Don't you love it when a car fixes itself! Looking forward to a music filled drive home now!