What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

JBL Speaker problem

A

Anonymous

Hi folks

Had my RCZ 4 weeks now and it has developed a nasty sound problem in the passenger door speaker. If sound like something has broken in it and vibrates badly and distorts even at low volume.

I have had to move the balance all the way to the right.

Anyone else had this?

I have informed Peugeot who have made me fill in a form to apply for it to be looked at under warantee, what a shit system that is

GT RCZ

Reaction score
Hi

We have the JBL system & have not had any problems.

Play some of my tracks on full volume too.

A

Anonymous

I'm surprised that you have to fill in a form, but at least it's covered, perhaps it's to do with it being JBL?

A

Anonymous

Hi butcheroo,

I understand that the tech here listened to the radio and confirmed the N/S/F speaker was faulty and needs replacing under warranty when they did the 1 month check and reinitiallised the rear spoiler.

As it needs the speaker ordering you indicated that you were going to get it done at your local dealer rather than come back up to MK.If they are causing an issue sorting this warranty work for you let me know.

Are you sure the "form" wasnt a work order/ job card? Peugeot's warranty department require a customer signed job card for all warranty work dealers undertake to show that a customer has actually requested the work rather than dealers just making up work. They do regular audits of dealers and if warranty work has been done without a customer signed job card the payment for the work is clawed back and the dealer is also penalised a percentage of the warranty work they have done since the last audit !

kind regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 said:
Hi butcheroo,

I understand that the tech here listened to the radio and confirmed the N/S/F speaker was faulty and needs replacing under warranty when they did the 1 month check and reinitiallised the rear spoiler.

As it needs the speaker ordering you indicated that you were going to get it done at your local dealer rather than come back up to MK.If they are causing an issue sorting this warranty work for you let me know.

Are you sure the "form" wasnt a work order/ job card? Peugeot's warranty department require a customer signed job card for all warranty work dealers undertake to show that a customer has actually requested the work rather than dealers just making up work. They do regular audits of dealers and if warranty work has been done without a customer signed job card the payment for the work is clawed back and the dealer is also penalised a percentage of the warranty work they have done since the last audit !

kind regards

Marcus

hi marcus, I received a call today from Newbury saying that a new speaker has been ordered so fingers crossed

A

Anonymous

Thats good news, any probs at all let me or steve know :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Good to see that Peugeot is owning up to its products, thats hardly the case in Turkey. That was the only thing holding me back from buying one... Also RCZGT200, do you know if the warranty is spared, if we let the dealer install after-market parts (like stereo, or quad pipes)?

A

Anonymous

hi pragmatic,

Only peugeot approved bits are covered by the warranty , an after market stereo or exhaust wouldnt be covered even if your dealer fits them