What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Jacking up the RCZ query

travelswithanrcz

Reaction score
Hi guys, I need to jack up my RCZ so I can get all 4 wheels off, albeit one at a time - I'm fixing some rust that's developing on the wheel hubs.

Thing is, I've read some horror stories about the jacking points on the RCZ and how they're basically not fit for purpose, so I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to the best practice to go about doing this?

My friend has a trolley jack he is happy to loan me, would this be safe to use on the RCZ and if so, where should I place it when I'm doing the front and then rear wheels?

As always, thanks a lot in advance folks.

Cheers, Kris

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Kris there are some rubber pucks that you can use with Jacks that fit the jacking points here's the link

£1.88 52%OFF | Universal Car Jack Rubber Pads Lift Jack Stand Pad Floor Slotted Car Jack Rubber Pad Frame Protector Adapter Jacking Tool

Hope this helps you out
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

lfe

Reaction score
With the slot of the rubber disk of the jack just centered on each of the 4 protrusions that the car has below.

Just they do in the workshops to raise the entire car.

If the lifting jack does not have that disk, then you should get one as Verminator says

travelswithanrcz

Reaction score
Thanks guys, would those rubber bits help to reduce the likelihood of the jack joints failing/getting damaged? Like I said, I've seen some horror stories and I really don't want to become one of them haha

lfe

Reaction score
If the weight is supported on both sides of the protrusion it will be fine, the structure is strong there.

The problem comes when it's supported on the edge of the protrusion or an inappropriate or incorrectly placed scissor jack is used or with the car badly braked and it falls.

The rubber ensures that it does not slip and it does not scratch the paint.