What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

jacking up rcz

A

Anonymous

KRAFTWERK said:
Awful experience you've must have had... Well finally we did it!

It took 2 hours (1 hour to figure out how to do it)
As far as wee could see there are no weight support at all outside the "metal pieces"

We used a flat "rubber puck" on the jack which we put straight under these metal pieces sticking out.
(Not ideal, the rubber almost split in two after the last lift) some kind of metal construction would be much better.
Actually looking at "kentdriver:s" lift again, this is what he also did, I see now that the image must show the lifting of the right front tyre... and his jack is "holding" around the "metal piece" *phew* I was nervous!!!]
Pleased you managed to change your wheels successfully. It is ridiculous though isn't it? Why has a simple job of changing a wheel become so damn worrying? I will await until my "cylindrical tool" has been produced before another attempt at this hazardous task. :crazy:

A

Anonymous

I agree, I think the core problem is the bad description in the users manual...
If you put a jack where they picture it in the manual you will for sure end up with a wrinkled side skirt...

And for the next change of wheels I will also make another tool for the jack... rubber puck is no more. :cool:

Thanks again OO58RON, you've been most helpful! :beer:

A

Anonymous

Well I am now in a position to illustrate my solution to the dilemma of jacking up an RCZ without the fear of causing £500 worth of damage, as I did on my first attempt using a jack supplied by Peugeot.
Firstly I have bought one of these Low Profile jacks that easily fit under our cars.

I have had this tool produced and bored out to fit neatly upon the jack, to avoid any chance of slippage

On the upper side it has been shaped to fit the shape of the jacking point.

So here it is securely held in place on the jacking point.

The jack slides in and sits in the recess on the tool.

And finally a car wheel off the ground with no chance of slipping off.

So what do you think?

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Well I am now in a position to illustrate my solution to the dilemma of jacking up an RCZ without the fear off causing £500 worh of damage, as I did on my first attempt using a jack supplied by Peugeot.
Firstly I have bought one of these Low Profile jacks that easily fit under our cars.

I have had this tool produced and bored out to fit neatly upon the jack, to avoid any chance of slippage

On the upper side it has been shaped to fit the shape of the jacking point.

So here it is securely held in place on the jacking point.

The jack slides in and sits in the recess on the tool.

And finally a car wheel off the ground with no chance of slipping off.

So what do you think?

Great Ron! Top work with no chance of a bad incident happening again. :grin:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

That is ingenious work RON!! Good for you!! I'm sure that's given you piece of mind. So...in effect the jack that Peugeot you with provided is useless?

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
That is ingenious work RON!! Good for you!! I'm sure that's given you piece of mind. So...in effect the jack that Peugeot you with provided is useless?
They did provide me with a more suitable one FOC after the incident along with paying foe all of the damage being put right. So the second scissor jack provided is surplus to requirements now, but you can't put a price on piece of mind.

A

Anonymous

Snowy87 said:
Better get that patented asap Ron. This time next year you could be a millionaire :D :D

:beer:
Did I not mention "patent pending" :lol: The manufacturing plant is built and tooled up. ready to start knocking em out by the boat load :roll:

A

Anonymous

This is my most recent purchase in order to be able to remove my wheels without causing damage