What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Jacking up an RCZ

tianorth

Reaction score
Will RCZ owners please save this post so you can refer to it at a later time if required, or if a garage is to jack up your car!

I've had the opportunity to remove the wheel, so I decided to document the way I securely lift and support the car.

This will help if anyone want to avoid damaging their jacking points.

1) To be able to put the jack and block of wood under the car I had to raise the height of the car by driving on to some blocks of wood.

2) Place the block of wood across the structural boxes inboard of the jacking point. Support the block of wood with the jack.

3) Raise the car and place axle stand at other end of wood.
The block of wood is about 3" × 2" × 14".

4) The jack can now be removed, but before I did I supported the rear wheel with a couple of blocks of wood.

The car was supported on the axle stand for a week.

When putting back on the ground don't forget to put the blocks under the front tyre, otherwise you can't get the jack/wood out.

RCZash

Reaction score
Nice one squirrel. I mean Chris, :beer:

TAC

Reaction score
Very good Chris :thumbup: PS looks like some weed killer is needed ;)

tianorth

Reaction score
TAC said:
Very good Chris :thumbup: PS looks like some weed killer is needed ;)

Amazing how quick they grow, but car hasn't moved for a week.

Should see the ones in the plant pots/window baskets.

A

Anonymous

Hi, your post is really useful, thanks.
I'm new to the RCZ as i just bought my first one for the wife to go to work in from Available Car. My neighbor alerted me to the RCZ jacking issue as he deals with refurb of alloy wheels and has come across the issue before, so i decide to check and found that one (off side front) has been crushed & split! as the car is only just over a week old I have let Available Car know as its due in this Friday for a couple of other minor issues (tyre pressure sensors & System Failure to the parking sensors).
the big question I have is can anyone confirm if this is considered an MOT failure?

Attachments

• IMG_3169.JPG
    IMG_3169.JPG
    254.9 KB · Views: 7,552

tianorth

Reaction score
Don't know but if nothing is done then ingress of water and subsequent corrosion issues may occur.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

2retro

Reaction score
Don't know if it's an MOT failure but it's definitely not good.

It's a pretty poor design of a jacking point to be fair but what kind of retarded moron thinks sticking a trolley jack under that is going to work?! Get them to sort it out for you or it's just going to get worse...

A

Anonymous

will do, its in this coming Friday so I'll let you know how I get on? Its just that my neighbour who's in the know said some garages would fail it on an MOT? Available car MOT'd the RCZ just the other week before I had it?

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I know from times gone by, I had a couple of old cars that failed on sills being unsuitable. This was of course due to corrosion, not damage, but I would have thought the same principle applied. :eusa-think:

howardf

Reaction score
Hi Chris
Next time you are in the garage could you pls could measure up the timber for the cut out / L shape.
Cheers H.

howardf

Reaction score
tianorth said:
It's only the size of the jacking point lug!

Plonker of the day award goes to............l

From first glance I thought it was an L shaped piece to go behind and under a section of the floor pan!

A length of 3x2 it is then :thumbup:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
:lol:

Attachments

• 405703FF-0543-43DD-A242-67D8933FE47A.jpeg
    405703FF-0543-43DD-A242-67D8933FE47A.jpeg
    17.5 KB · Views: 7,384

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a puck with a V groove in it that sits in the saddle of my trolley jack. That doesn't seem to have damaged my jacking points as of yet. Even the ones I've man handled back in to shape.

Spart

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
I know from times gone by, I had a couple of old cars that failed on sills being unsuitable. This was of course due to corrosion, not damage, but I would have thought the same principle applied. :eusa-think:

Just a note, when I've been looking at mot history of used RCZ R's etc one did fail the MOT in the past for the jacking point being bent and split. Passed later that day so I guess they just bent it back?

ianGT156

Reaction score
howardf said:
tianorth said:
It's only the size of the jacking point lug!

Plonker of the day award goes to............l

From first glance I thought it was an L shaped piece to go behind and under a section of the floor pan!

A length of 3x2 it is then :thumbup:

You are not alone, I thought exactly the same!

Kenno Wenno

Reaction score
USEFUL AND WELL THOUGHTFUL ARTICLE.

Picked up my Red Carbon 22/08/22 and a few days later (after a 300 miles trip), the Front Driver Tyre Puncture Warning light came on. I crapped myself because you always think the worst with car problems - particularly sports cars!

I filled both front tyres up to 35psi and everything seems fine, but now it's always on your mind that a puncture may happen anytime, anywhere.

I'm going to buy a proper 19" alloy/tyre replacement with an automated jack and wood blocks to prevent damage. MANY THANKS.

PS. My driveway has plenty of weeds too :)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-08-26 at 10.18.34 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-08-26 at 10.18.34 PM.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 9

Pedro

Reaction score
I always support the front under the track control arms with axle stands I used wood in the position shown by Tianorth but that is a box section which are prone to distorting under load as its function is only to strengthen the floor pan & not classed for load bearing when lifting the car

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome to the forum and nice RCZ you have got yourself there.
You can fit a 19" spare wheel in the tyre well but it is a bit tight you may need to take a little air out to get it in but worth while having a spare wheel on board.
Bit of advice is to get 3 to 4 meters of underlay from a carpet shop cut around the tyre and sit the piece in the tyre well then put the wheel in face down then you can put Jack and tools in the wheel padded as not to damage your wheel. The wheel will stand up about 30mm so with the piece cut out for the wheel you will need to cut two more and cut to fit the boot place these in the boot area and all will be level so that you can put the boot liner back in and won't rock uneven...
Hope this helps you out....
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co