What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Jacking aid

howardf

Reaction score
I know that this is an old topic but I hope that someone can help me out....

I hope this makes sense, I'm asking this in anticipation of the delivery of a new rcz in April :D

When using the lifting aid /puck, is the weight of the car being taken on the bottom of
the slot and the jacking point "lip"?
Or is the slot in the lifting aid used to locate onto the jacking point " lip" with the
weight of the car being taken on the surrounding metal?
I suppose an easier way to get over what I'm getting at is.......does the lip of the jacking
point "bottom" in the slot of the lifting aid when jacking the car?......

if anyone could post the dimensions of a jacking aid it would be much appreciated...(i dont want to trad on anyones toes but the original jacking aid thread looks to have gone cold)....H

hanswuk

Reaction score
I would say that the slot in the adaptor should be less deep than the jacking point 'lip' so that the jacking 'lip' seats on the bottom of the slot and the surrounding area does not take the weight. It is after all the recommended jacking point and the adaptor is only used to keep the 'lip' straight so that it cannot buckle or fold. I have such an adaptor and will double check it when I get a chance and post again.

RCZ1

Reaction score
hanswuk said:
I would say that the slot in the adaptor should be less deep than the jacking point 'lip' so that the jacking 'lip' seats on the bottom of the slot and the surrounding area does not take the weight. It is after all the recommended jacking point and the adaptor is only used to keep the 'lip' straight so that it cannot buckle or fold. I have such an adaptor and will double check it when I get a chance and post again.

That is correct hanswuk from my experiences with the jacking puck. The car does not sit on the plastic trim underneath. This is where the problems start as it's not strong enough to take the weight and is why the puck was made.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi I'm not sure that's right, I wouldn't have thought the lip would have been strong enough to take the weight of the car I would have thought the lip is there to pinpoint the area strengthened to lift the car I think the puck spreads the weight either side of the lip.
I could be wrong though!!
Has anyone seen a Peugeot jack designed for this jacking point?

thornebt

Reaction score
I can confirm that the lip does bottom out in the jacking aid. That is, the slot in the jacking aid is deeper than the lip. I've used mine a few times and it works perfectly.

stagger321

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Hi I'm not sure that's right, I wouldn't have thought the lip would have been strong enough to take the weight of the car I would have thought the lip is there to pinpoint the area strengthened to lift the car I think the puck spreads the weight either side of the lip.
I could be wrong though!!
Has anyone seen a Peugeot jack designed for this jacking point?
Yes - I have one. It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence though.
Only got it for emergencies, and so that Peugeot can not accuse me of not using right equipment if my jacking points fail in an emergency (side of road wheel/tyre change for instance)
As can be seen the jacking point lip would definitely bottom out in the groove.

stagger321

Reaction score
thornebt said:
I can confirm that the lip does bottom out in the jacking aid. That is, the slot in the jacking aid is deeper than the lip. I've used mine a few times and it works perfectly.
I think you mean "the slot in the jacking aid is not deeper than the lip", otherwise it would not bottom out - yes??

A

Anonymous

Just measured the slot size on the jacking aid and it measures 8mm wide by 10mm deep.
Hope this helps.

thornebt

Reaction score
stagger321 said:
thornebt said:
I think you mean "the slot in the jacking aid is not deeper than the lip", otherwise it would not bottom out - yes??

Yes, that is what I meant to say! The slot in the jacking aid is shallower than the lip.

howardf

Reaction score
thanks for the replies....... i think the next purchase will be a low profile trolley jack and ask one of the lads at work if he can machine me an adaptor......

(first purchase was the foot rest...just need the car now!)...........H

DKZ5745

Reaction score
You seem to be buying one bit by bit :lol:

Actually looking at the spec of the one you have in order, seems familiar..............

stagger321

Reaction score
howardf said:
thanks for the replies....... i think the next purchase will be a low profile trolley jack and ask one of the lads at work if he can machine me an adaptor......

(first purchase was the foot rest...just need the car now!)...........H
.........or buy some ice hockey pucks and do it yourself. :dance:
Only about £1.50 each :thumbup: