What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

I've kind of just bought an RCZ...

A

Anonymous

Hi all - my name's Dan, I'm 25 and live in Chatham, Kent. I have, like most other newbies been lurking in the background until taking the plunge (this morning) and buying an RCZ. Anyway, here is what I have (kind of - will become clearer below!) bought...

- 2011 '60' plate Pearlescent White RCZ 156 Petrol GT (born 10/2/11)
- 15,300 miles
- Solstice Onyx Black alloys
- 3D Nav and DVD player
- RCZ black side stripes (not sure about these, how much do you think it will cost to get someone to remove them?).
- I will be the 3rd owner (Peugeot manager owned for 4 months then the guy I'm buying off has owned for 18 months - he paid £22.5k for it as I saw the receipt from Robins and Day in the paperwork!).
- HPI clear
- Usual GT spec for the rest

Anyway, I have agreed in principle to pay £15.5k which I think is very reasonable (the guy says he has always wanted the TT S Line and has now got enough to buy one. In fact, he was going straight to Cambridge to see one after my viewing this morning). He has agreed to renew the tax for 6 months, service her (had interim, due a major service I believe), valet her and put a full tank in for me which is very good of him.

I say 'kind of' bought as there are potentially a few sticking points which he has said if I am not happy with I can walk away from the deal (he was very good to deal with!). The main one being the fact that I saw that the Peugeot warranty only lasts for 2 years and not the 3 years I had (wrongly) assumed (3 years standard on my previous cars). I 'saw' this in the front of the 'service and maintenance' manual.

Maybe not a massive issue you think, but I am an accountant and I hate risk (don't buy one then I hear you say)! The risk of being covered should the clutch go for example a week after I buy it is important to me and I therefore have limited comfort (one month's comfort to be precise) if the 2 years is correct. Also, he said if I wasn't happy with the results from the service (i.e. whether it needed non-warranty work doing) we could re-negotiate or I could walk away.

To sum up therefore, can somebody confirm whether RCZ's have a 2 year warranty or 3 year warranty? I can't see that anybody has asked this one here before, and I have read a lot of posts!

Thanks for any replies in advance.

Dan.

A

Anonymous

Hi there Dan! Welcome to the forum and your (almost finalised RCZ ownership). There is a three year warranty as standard on all RCZ. 1 year warranty provided by the dealership and 2 years provided by Peugeot.

As for the side stripes, the are easy enough to remove. They'll require little more than a concentrated heat from a hairdryer.

The car sounds great and presents a good deal. Unfortunately, I'm on the fly just now so can't post a more extended response but hopefully that answers your most major concerns.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Dan.

Mrizzle is correct regarding the warranty so you have some breathing space. So I suggest signing on that dotted line and going for it:)

Nice colour choice by the way but I am a little biased :) and the spec sounds excellent.

Let us know how you get on ........., go for it, you know you want to :)

A

Anonymous

At 15k miles the engine is just run and the side stripes are rare as i have only EVER seen a photo with them on a rcz are these the stripes...???? if so i would keep them as think they look look very cool

And welcome :wave:

Attachments

• striped rcz.jpg
    striped rcz.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,667
A

Anonymous

Mrizzle - thanks for your swift reply. I suspected it would either be you or RCZ1 to reply first, so thanks for putting my mind at rest over the warranty.

RCZ1 - thanks for the welcome also. It was either black or white for me and this one came along first, with the added bonus of the pearlescent paint! I left a small (£250) deposit with him so assuming he doesn't come back from looking at the TT and has changed his mind, we should confirm later! Only issue is that he has his private plate still on it and this will take a good while to get transferred off. It will give me time to find my cheque book however!

Jassy - if I have done the upload correctly, some poor iphone quality photos should now be visible (what do you think?)? If not, I will re-post a link to the advert where you can look at her. The stripes are different to the ones you posted however. In real life I liked them more than I thought I would from the photos - I will probably leave them on and see if they start to annoy me (assuming I get the car).

I'll let you know with regards to any progress on the deal as soon as I do!

Regards,

Dan.

Attachments

• photo RCZ.JPG
    photo RCZ.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 1,658
A

Anonymous

Strips look cool now this'll annoy jassy but would look better with black caps on the mirrors

A

Anonymous

I actually have grown to quite like those stripes but ONLY on a white RCZ. Well...RCZperformance's wasp looks cool too. I really do NOT like the silver stripes and there is a member that has a subtle stripe down the front of his car and it looks pretty smart too. I'd say live with it a while and see if it doesn't grow on you. It does make it stand out a little bit more.

A

Anonymous

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum, I myself bought a second hand 200gt and so far not had any issues touch wood so I'd strongly recommend you go for it, its a great looking car as well. I'm just at the bottom of bluebell hill so give us a wave if you see me in Amber. Would you be interested in taking your new beast to Pugfest with some of us?

Happy Driving and Enjoy, it doesn't get boring :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Spoke to the guy last night and I believe the deal to be on. He's finding out how long the plate transfer will take however as I can't have it/don't want it until the old one is back on and he has the V5 back. He didn't say whether he went for the TT in the end, but he didn't say he wanted to keep the RCZ :thumbup:

RC1/Big Mac/mrizzle - assuming I do eventually get it, I will either leave the stripes on and get the black mirror caps/get them wrapped or get the mrs' hair dryer out and get them off (and leave the mirrors white).

I've seen a thread on here about getting the silver strips on the front grille removed and replaced with black ones as well which I may look into.

Chuzzbutt - I sure will look out for you. I'm just off Maidstone Rd opposite Chatham Fc ground, about 2 mins from the station. Most of my weekends at the moment are spent planning a wedding so I will see what the future mrs' thinks about Pugfest!

Hopefully all goes well and the RCZ will be home soon!

Dan.

A

Anonymous

It looks like beauty! White with black wheels is always a winner in my eyes ;)
Welcome to the forum

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations!

Any questions about anything to do with the RCZ, here is where you will find the answers. And of course you can call upon us for anything to do with modifications etc. to your new pride and joy.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Hi there Dan! Welcome to the forum and your (almost finalised RCZ ownership). There is a three year warranty as standard on all RCZ. 1 year warranty provided by the dealership and 2 years provided by Peugeot.

As for the side stripes, the are easy enough to remove. They'll require little more than a concentrated heat from a hairdryer.

The car sounds great and presents a good deal. Unfortunately, I'm on the fly just now so can't post a more extended response but hopefully that answers your most major concerns.
I'm 99% certain when I say that Peugeot UK provide the additional years cover, not the dealership. Minor point I realise as you answered Dan's query correctly.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
mrizzle said:

I'm 99% certain when I say that Peugeot UK provide the additional years cover, not the dealership. Minor point I realise as you answered Dan's query correctly.

Sorry RON, but you're 100% incorrect. ;)

A

Anonymous

If indeed I was right and the additional years warranty was paid for by Peugeot UK it would still have to be provided through the Peugeot dealership network and invoiced to Peugeot UK.

I just seem to recall a conversation that I had with Richard who is the Director - Group Services for Peugeot UK and I'm certain that he said that the additional year was paid for by them.

A

Anonymous

It may well be the case that it is billed to Peugeot but the fact remains that it is provided by the dealership RON. Anyway, it's semantics and, either way, we are both right that it is 3 years. :D

A

Anonymous

Actually, RON has made me think about one thing. Dan, you will be liable for a service in February in order not to invalidate the warranty.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the rest of the welcomes everyone.

3 year warranty as I thought it should be, so all good!

First thing I checked paper work wise was service history - it is due a service correct (major one I believe?) and I got the guy to agree to do this pre pickup! Happy days!

A

Anonymous

Hi all - just though I'd update you on the RCZ situation. I'll be picking her up next weekend (assuming the service on Monday kicks up no issues!), so will post some photos when I manage to get out of her! :)

Interestingly enough, my brother is getting a grey diesel gt on demo this Friday as he's due a new company car (he's not getting one but asked for one so I could try it out, although no need now!). Will be good to see the difference between the diesel and petrol.

I quite fancy getting one of these as well to solve the spare wheel issue...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-R...hicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ac0b28f8c&_uhb=1

Could pick up a tyre for £120 and a jack etc, job done. I know there are issues with fitting the 19's in the boot well so may just go for the497 option if I can track one down.

Hope everybody's well anyway.

Dan.

A

Anonymous

Great news!! Bet you can't wait!!

That's a VERY reasonable price for that alloy!!