What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

It's Looking promising

A

Anonymous

Hello all, have been on the site for some time now trying to while the time away. As I had some good news today, thought I would share it with you as there are relatively few folk outside of an RCZ forum that would really appreciate and understand the amount of patience required in waiting for some positive news from your dealer.

Anyway I have had that news today. Had ordered a THP 200 GT back in mid June, colur Charcoal with JBL stereo black brake calipers, and black front grill. Build date was given as the 29th of August. Rang the delaer today to confirm all was well for build date only to be told that it was already built and currently sitting in Calais. Great news, so may be a couple of weeks to wait. I can do that I think. :dance:

Has anyone had any issues with an excessive degree of 'orange peel' effect on their new cars? local dealer demo car, well wasn't too impressed with paint finish.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Its good news about the earlier delivery of your RCZ. :dance:

Can't comment on the paintwork as I'm not in possession of mine yet :!:

A

Anonymous

I know what you mean about the paint finish, but from what I've seen over the years it's difficult finding a manufacturer's car in most mass production sectors that don't exhibit the effect.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Come to think of it, my hubb's new Land Rover Discovery 4 has lots of "orange peel" in its paintwork so as Khatkar so rightly says, most manufacturers have the problem - its not specific to one.

A

Anonymous

Yes i'm sure both right I have since had a look at some new VW's and they very similar, thanks :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

The anticipation is now starting to affect my sleep I think :crazy: Car now at dealers and will collect on Monday morning :dance:
Went to see it in the compound, looked excellent even though it was covered in dust and muddied tyres.
Just 4 more :sleeping-yellow: :dance:

A

Anonymous

Was a liitle shocked as to the state of the car when I first saw it but then told myself that I needed to think of the bigger picture of it been cleaned up polished and I realise a little controversial for some but also GardX treated.
This was originally offerd at a cost but negotiated it for zero cost. I did also stipulate that I would only go ahead with the treatment after seeing the quality of workmanship on another vehicle. It so happens they had a treated RCZ in black going out the next morning. Went and checked it out and was very impressed with the result :thumbup:

Oh as for the mud, that was as a result of the car being driven through muddy puddles that were in the storage yard. Am optimistic it will all be ok on the day :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I'm sure once all that mud's washed off and the car shone to within an inch of its life it will look wonderful. :thumbup: :dance: I had a most enjoyable conversation this morning with my dealers: my car's estimated delivery has been BROUGHT FORWARD to just before Hallowe'en :eek: and I hadn't even been given a build date, having only ordered 30th August. That's what I call service. :clap: :clap: :clap: :beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
BangorRCZ said:
I'm sure once all that mud's washed off and the car shone to within an inch of its life it will look wonderful. :thumbup: :dance: I had a most enjoyable conversation this morning with my dealers: my car's estimated delivery has been BROUGHT FORWARD to just before Hallowe'en :eek: and I hadn't even been given a build date, having only ordered 30th August. That's what I call service. :clap: :clap: :clap: :beer:

That's really good news BangorRCZ :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hello! collected my most attractive Charcoal 200GT yesterday and can confirm its as good as all existing owners have claimed. Have already had the Quad exhaust fitted by a local custom fitter/sprayer.Had the JBL sound system fitted and after a bit of fine tuning sounds fantastic well worth the money if you into your sound quality.
Dealers were great and after a little prompting (before pick) about ensuring no stains under the protective coating and also ensuring that the wheels and tyres had been presented as well as the body work they done a great job :clap: Thanks to those who had highlighted some of these issues.
Hope you all are able to get yours soon :dance: Weather not good for pictures just now but later, hopefully we'll see some sun before winter sets in. Off for another drive :wave:

dpb

Reaction score
Great News Scoobielew, glad all went well and car is as good as you hoped !

A

Anonymous

Congrats, Scoobie. Many miles of happy motoring to you in your nice new, shiny car :dance: :beer:

A

Anonymous

Great news Scoobie. Hope you enjoy your RCZ. I've gone for JBL so glad to hear you think its worth the extra.