What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

It's in Calais

A

Anonymous

Just recieved a call from my dealer (first contact he has made with me, normally it's me calling him). He has told me my car is now in Calais, so shouldn't be too much longer.

A

Anonymous

This is the really nail-biting exciting part, the final wait. Hope all goes smoothly for you :thumbup: :dance:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all above comments. Yes not too long now, I have to go in tomorrow to sign some forms maybe get a better idea of delivery then.

A

Anonymous

As of Monday mine was also in Calais, the closer it gets the more hyper I get, I can't sit still or sleep now! :roll:

A

Anonymous

Dont get too hopeful, my car was in Calais 2 days after build :mrgreen:
sat in Calais for 10 days, :thumbdown:
then will take another week,fast tracked by dealer, to arrive at my dealer next Tuesday :sleeping-yellow:
pick up Wednesday. :dance:

A

Anonymous

Saw dealer today to sign some finance forms. Told me it should be another 2/3 weeks if all goes well. No need for me to start losing sleep yet then!!!!!!!!!

Just as aside I mentioned about the smoked arches no longer beign available, his response was 'yes they are ordered on last week'. I told him to make absolutely sure before too much time was wasted so to prove me wrong he checked, only to be told they were no longer available. No one at the dealership had any idea of the problems so just goes to show Peugeot are not informing dealerships of any changes.

A

Anonymous

I ordered smoked arches in May, but was told 4 weeks later that they were not available,stayed on web car builder for a while, but apparently the manufacturer for Peugeot went bust.

A

Anonymous

Grantp said:
Saw dealer today to sign some finance forms. Told me it should be another 2/3 weeks if all goes well. No need for me to start losing sleep yet then!!!!!!!!!

Just as aside I mentioned about the smoked arches no longer beign available, his response was 'yes they are ordered on last week'. I told him to make absolutely sure before too much time was wasted so to prove me wrong he checked, only to be told they were no longer available. No one at the dealership had any idea of the problems so just goes to show Peugeot are not informing dealerships of any changes.

Thats a bit harsh on Peugeot, they have been telling dealers every friday for MONTHS in a supply bulletin that the smoke chrome arches are not available..just goes to show that no matter how many times the info is sent not everyone pays attention to it ????

Glad your car is getting nearer :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

David ck said:
I ordered smoked arches in May, but was told 4 weeks later that they were not available,stayed on web car builder for a while, but apparently the manufacturer for Peugeot went bust.

Same here...and this is the reason for delays for people who originally ordered them.

Dealers have know this since June...exactly when I was informed and asked what I wanted to do.

A

Anonymous

RCZGT200 says
Thats a bit harsh on Peugeot, they have been telling dealers every friday for MONTHS in a supply bulletin that the smoke chrome arches are not available..just goes to show that no matter how many times the info is sent not everyone pays attention to it ????

Yes ok RCZGT200 maybe i was harsh on Peugeot, they are obviously sending out the info but for none of the staff at a dealership to be aware of the 'Smoked Arches Issue' last week in Sept then something must be not quiet right in communications.

GT RCZ

Reaction score
You are not being harsh at all, this is exactly what happened with my order. see my own thread for more info.

You are quite right that peugeot have a problem with communications that they need to address.

Marcus has explained to me that weekly updates are sent through to the dealer principle/Sales Managers & that these can be the size of a telephone directory. Ok we on here are only interested in the RCZ this document covers the whole range cars & LCVs

It is disappointing that despite pointing this very issue out to them that here we are in September with dealer staff still in blissful ignorance.

My total frustration is that the customer service centre do not see it as an issue & appear not to be facing up to the problem.

A

Anonymous

GT RCZ said:
You are not being harsh at all, this is exactly what happened with my order. see my own thread for more info.

You are quite right that peugeot have a problem with communications that they need to address.

Marcus has explained to me that weekly updates are sent through to the dealer principle/Sales Managers & that these can be the size of a telephone directory. Ok we on here are only interested in the RCZ this document covers the whole range cars & LCVs

It is disappointing that despite pointing this very issue out to them that here we are in September with dealer staff still in blissful ignorance.

My total frustration is that the customer service centre do not see it as an issue & appear not to be facing up to the problem.

Hi GT RCZ ,

As we discussed I really understand your frustration :brickwall: but I do believe there does come a point where the management at the dealership has a responsibility to ensure the staff are operating with the correct info. This fridays supply bulletin was about 7 pages of A4 with the RCZ part being about half a page. I have printed it , discussed it with the sales team and given them all a copy. I am pretty surprised that a dealer still hasnt got this message, short of phoning sales execs up and shouting it at them I am not sure what peugeot can do? The info is e-mailed to the management at the dealership and a copy is stored in an electronic archive called "stefi" that can be accessed at any time and there is a link to the latest rcz info in another info system called "d-web"

Anyhow whats the latest news on your car?

Regards

Marcus

GT RCZ

Reaction score
Hi Marcus

You must be wondering your self on how dealers are not up to speed it really is beyond belief.

Anyway thanks for asking about the car, the build slipped back four days again, called into the dealer yesterday due to be released to distribution tomorrow all being well. should have it in the next four weeks.

Not getting too excited just yet just in case anything else happens.

Kind Regards

Clive