What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Is this normal Peugeot Customer Service?

A

Anonymous

Just back from my dealer
Safety Recall YYW] after i hour wait was told yes it did need a protective sheath fitting and they did not have one in stock Apparently they dont order the parts in in case they dont use them and have to stand the cost! So the car has to return for fitting when they have got one.

In the last 20 years I have had 8 new cars, 5 of which had to go back and never once on a safety recall was I sent away to wait for the part. The explanation was that the car might have already had the work done on the PDI or fitted by Peugoet. This does not say much about Peugeots computer records of their vehicles if they have to physically inspect the vehicle to see if it needs work under a safety recall!! The garage confirmed that the car did need the part. It begs the question, what if the car now catches fire (I know it is very unlikely). Would they be negligent?

On the issue of the poor gearchange, mine often grates suggesting a lack of synchro in and out of 3rd and it is the roughest of changes when cold in and out of 1st and 2nd.

My friends at Stoneacre say their Finance Manager's does just the same...... it is a characteristic of the deisel gearbox...... so tough! Well.....the :thumbdown: car did only cost £25000 so I suppose I cannot expect a properly functioning box!

I have reported both issues to Peugeot Customer Service. The contact was a bit surprised at their agents efforts to say the least. I await contact from Peugeot.

Its my first Peugoet and first impressions are not too clever.

A

Anonymous

hi phoned my dealership about recall on monday 7th march booked it in on 11th waited 2 hours for the part to fitted never mentioned when i phoned that they needed to look first i just asked if they got the part in stock .all done!

A

Anonymous

my fuel line sheath was fitted while the car was in for other work, perrys must have a stock of them on standby. wouldnt imagine they cost a fortune anyway.

Davie

Reaction score
Took mine to Robins and Day Neewcastle,job took 40 mins,always had good service.
Recieved call the next day to see if everything ok.

A

Anonymous

Dealer called back later in the day to arrange pick up of car, fit part and further investigate the ropey gearchange. It would seem raising a case with Peugoet UK Customer Service gets prompt response from franchise.

A

Anonymous

Glad its getting seen to. Its a shame that the dealer network has recieved some flak over the last decade.. but now that they are catering for premium buyers with the RCZ and 508 they will all be as good as the guys that frequent here!