What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

is it black is it grey ??!!

fleetwood1

Reaction score
I have had my RCZ a few weeks now and the colour generates a lot of arguements ! Sold as colour grey, all paperwork states grey but a lot of people say its black ! From a distance it looks black but when you get up close its like a very very dark grey with a almost sparkly finish ! Is there a solid black non metallic colour ?? So is mine a grey metallic ???

indoldn

Reaction score
There should be a colour code on the driver's door by the latch. If I am not mistaken the grey is called shark grey and it's very dark grey.

fleetwood1

Reaction score
There should be a colour code on the driver's door by the latch. If I am not mistaken the grey is called shark grey and it's very dark grey.
thank you, just did some more digging, seems its actually called Mercury Grey ...

Ecrivain

Reaction score
Isn't Mercury Grey very light grey?
Shark Grey or Charcoal were options, I think they were the darker greys.

Ecrivain

Reaction score
Harrier Grey is the colour looks black but is grey lots of glitter in the paint work...
Oh goodness - that makes at least 4 greys I'm aware of, now, then, if you include Charcoal... 🤔
Maybe some were Mark 1 and some Mark 2?
It seems simpler with the reds: Mark 1 = Amber Red; Mark 2 = Moroccan Red?

Ecrivain

Reaction score
Wow - amazing how deceptive photos can be, especially colour-wise!

Fortunately, I've been to see another exactly the same colour as the one I've just put a deposit on, so have a good idea what it will really look like... 🤞

It's Moroccan Red metallic, though curiously I gather it was Eritrean Red in France! (Or "Rouge Érythrée" in French)

Since Morocco was a French colony, I can only assume they wanted to avoid domestic political connotations.

Though I've also seen it called Rouge Érythrée Sanguine (Eritrean Blood Red, if my French is correct??), which might arguably be even more overtly political, given the conflict there...

Weird, eh? (Goes off the research French attitude to the Eritrean war...)