What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Is a default to flip up/retractable screen conversion possible?

sooperdave5

Reaction score
default:

rcznoscreen.jpg

flip up/retractable:

rczscreen.jpg

This question was asked about 2 years ago but was never really answered, I'm wondering if anyone has managed to do it or what the limitations would be?

lfe

Reaction score
It's not just the screen and the stereo, there are differences in the general wiring of the car, the little screen between the speedometer and revs is different, the center console has more buttons...

In addition, you are trying to install equipment designed 13 years ago and that in electronics means outdated.

With the small screen that you have, millions of Citroen and Peugeot cars were manufactured and there are solutions on the market to replace the stereo with an Android screen, perhaps you should think about this alternative.

Last edited:

sooperdave5

Reaction score
It's not just the screen and the stereo, there are differences in the general wiring of the car, the little screen between the speedometer and revs is different, the center console has more buttons...

In addition, you are trying to install equipment designed 13 years ago and that in electronics means outdated.

With the small screen that you have, millions of Citroen and Peugeot cars were manufactured and there are solutions on the market to replace the stereo with an Android screen, perhaps you should think about this alternative.
Thanks for the response, to my knowledge all the things that would need a replacement is the centre console (front and by handbrake) top screen and dash. it just depends how they function in the model that was made without them originally, all the parts could be bought second hand though i’m sure. also the old tech shouldn’t be much of an issue, if i were to make this conversion i would use an aftermarket screen with carplay instead.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Just to note, any oe unit from another vehicle will need vin coding.

lfe

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, to my knowledge all the things that would need a replacement is the centre console (front and by handbrake) top screen and dash. it just depends how they function in the model that was made without them originally, all the parts could be bought second hand though i’m sure. also the old tech shouldn’t be much of an issue, if i were to make this conversion i would use an aftermarket screen with carplay instead.
I remember in this forum one who made the modification that you want, he changed the center console but his car did not have the cables to connect the navigation buttons and therefore they did not work. I don't remember if he managed to fix it.