What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Iridium sparkplugs

A

Anonymous

Anyone any ideas as to which iridium sparkplugs could be fitted to my 2010 1.6 tiptronic RCZ. The RCZ is not listed by any of the online sparkplugs dealers.

A

Anonymous

MichaelS said:
Anyone any ideas as to which iridium sparkplugs could be fitted to my 2010 1.6 tiptronic RCZ. The RCZ is not listed by any of the online sparkplugs dealers.

What for?

A

Anonymous

MichaelS said:

As long as the spark plug dimensions and heat range are the same, there a few options to choose from.

The dimensions are: M12 thread X 1.25mm thread pitch with a 26.5mm reach and a heat range 7 (NGK) other manufacturers may use a different number scale for the heat range, but as long as it cross references to the NGK heat range number scale 7 you will be fine, however that said there are a few colder heat range spark plugs available too.

A

Anonymous

Mr shiney, I speak as a former coal miner where the custom underground was if you had nothing sensible or helpful to offer it was safer to say nothing! I have always run my multi-cylinder motorcycles on iridium plugs and thought I might look at similar for my RCZ.

A

Anonymous

or surely if you don't know, you ask a question? lucky they never had forums down the mines! surely shiney's just as entitled to ask a question as you were??

A

Anonymous

I was not offering anything I was asking a question. You clearly have a view as to the value of them that I don't understand.

I will ask the question again, what for?

Perhaps you will share your insight and spare us the coal mining anecdotes especially when you know nothing of a persons background eh!

A

Anonymous

mr shiney can I add to your question? What is a Iridium sparkplug? What does it do differently to a standard one? and as MichaelS you have used them what are the benefits?

A

Anonymous

Iridium plugs produced by NGK,its a fine high quality alloy tip on the plug and has a high melting point and ideal for highly stressed/ high performance cars,bikes they sell for around £6.50 each,Halfords can stock but on special order.
I suppose if i drove my RCZ on fast track days or competition racing (which i dont) i would concider them,but im happy with stock plugs for day to day use,but each to their own,if you have used them and happy to change plugs that's down to the induvidual :thumbup:

FGRob

Reaction score
I don't think there's any advantage in running these plugs, you may as well run a decent set of coppers. I do run Greddy Iridium 8 sparkplugs in my MR2, mainly due to a custom map plus the plugs run cooler as well, so unless you are considering a different map then it's not really worth it. For 4 plugs it cost me £80, £20 each :wave: :eusa-whistle:

Rob.