What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Ipod - won't play anymore

A

Anonymous

My car has been in the garage all week and got it back Saturday morning. It has lost all the memory connections on the seat so I guess they had the battery disconnected whilst it was there - I will have to reset them. Now my problem is that I can't play my Ipod anymore. Blue tooth is OK and I am using the USB connection in the arm rest as I have always done. I also have this on my display which I never had before - it just used to blip and go straight into play mode with the Ipod sign on the display. Can anyone help me please??

A

Anonymous

Sorry guys - too early and I know it's upside down!!! I think you get the jist though

RCZ1

Reaction score
Not seen that before. I think a trip back to your dealer is required. Obviously something has happened to it since they disconnected the battery.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Actually you've now just made me think. I tried to make a call in the car this morning and it would not connect. Tried about 5 times. It's the first time I've tried to make a call since I got the car back last week. I'll have to have another look at this to see if there is a similar problem.

A

Anonymous

And now - whilst sitting at work my Blackberry is asking me for my Bluetooth password? What is going on?
My car is sitting outside - the engine is not running and the keys are in my drawer.

A

Anonymous

Yep. I even tried my daughters thinking it might be a fault with mine. But it still doesn't work. Car booked in again next Monday!!
Did you get your phone working in the end?

RCZ1

Reaction score
bownib said:
Yep. I even tried my daughters thinking it might be a fault with mine. But it still doesn't work. Car booked in again next Monday!!
Did you get your phone working in the end?

Ah well, hope you get it sorted on Monday.

Yes I got my phone sorted. It was the actual phone, nothing to do with my car. Maybe I was in a bad signal area - but all good now:)

A

Anonymous

I've had this problem as well, it will register the iPod and get the wait for it symbol whizzing around, it will either keep waiting or start to play with no sound,but it only seems to do it when iPod not fully charged, a full charge seems to restore it( iPod touch), also have not been able to use a USB stick...might be how it's formatted but not had a look yet!! , phone works fine with Bluetooth,music streaming and calls..htc....have you or is it possible to reset your iPod? ...my iPad has days when it will not connect to anything,a quick reboot soon gets it back to normal, one other thing is your cable ok ?

A

Anonymous

Really strange thing is it worked fine this morning - got the egg timer going round then it played how it should!! So I will see if it works again tomorrow

A

Anonymous

Welcome to Random I-Pod Mode :thumbdown:

I've had it since the car was new.

By completing unplugging it and leaving the I-Pod out of the car for a week and then re-plugging it back in seems to work.
Longest time left unplugged - 4 weeks before it would work again.

Just seems to be completely random :eusa-think:

Good Luck and I hope your issue is not like mine above

:beer: