What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

IPod Shuffle

A

Anonymous

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

I have an IPod Shuffle that I want to use in my brand new RCZ GT 163 diesel. However, when I connect my Shuffle I get the following error message USB Peripheral Error. I also have an IPod Touch that connects without any problem.

The only thing I can think of is the IPod Shuffle has a 3.5mm pin to USB and IPod Touch has what I would call a real Apple connector to USB. Not sure if this is the reason.

I will ask my local Peugeot dealer if no one can help, but I don’t hold out much hope as when I collected the car they told me I couldn’t make phone calls, only receive them when my phone is connected via blue tooth. I have found out how to make calls, simple just read the owners manual.

Thanks
Steve.

A

Anonymous

Amazing how little the dealers know about the products that they sell. I would hang my head with shame if I was as inept as the average car salesman.

A

Anonymous

Hi Steve,
Like you I have both a shuffle (cannot for the life of me remember what gen it is, and I did have a 1st gen iPod touch. Neither worked while I plugged it in via the iPod-USB cable into my car. The best I could manage when I tried was getting the songs in alphabetical order for the entire library, which was no use to me :-(
My way of solving it was to treat myself to a new iPod touch to get the bluetooth (which my partner has on her iPod, but lacks the bluetooth connectivity in her 207)
I am sure there will be a techno whizz to tell you it can/can't be done, but thought I would let you know what happened to me
Best of luck!

*edit* I have a nano...it's been a long day...it still connects in the same way as the shuffle and I had the same problem

A

Anonymous

I'm sure that the USB connection is only for iTunes communication and charging. I looked at one a while ago for a friend and realised it would not work with here house player as it outputs through the 3.5 mm jack.

A

Anonymous

Hi Scott,

Can you tell us how we can connect an Ipod or I phone to are SatNav system for music? Even with a USB stick we cannot get AUX music out of our radio??

Steve :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

A

Anonymous

I don't have built in sat nav. I use an app on the iPhone.
For the
Music I just paired the phone via bluetooth and the plays music and put the telephone through the cars stereo.
Or if I'm out of power on the phone I connect it to the USB jack with an " original iPhone cable" and that has the same effect.