What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

iPod not connecting via usb

A

Anonymous

Hi there I just collected I new rcz . My iPod was working via USB connection go into car this morning and it will no longer find on stereo (standard on sport model) and won't charge iPhone any ideas ?

Please help :-(

RCZ1

Reaction score
In cold weather and if you are only doing short journeys, I find the iPod does not get charged enough to work. When I get in the car in the morning when it's cold at this time of year the iPod won't work for a while until the car has warmed a bit and then it will start charging the iPod.

The other thing to try is unplugging the USB out of the car socket and then plugging it back in again.

Also is the wire on your USB cable ok. My iPod has not been working as it should on the last few days. When I checked the iPod in the armrest I noticed that the wire must have been bent at a tight angle and the wires have become exposed. I ordered a new cable off the Net last night so should resolve my problem.

A

Anonymous

:eusa-think: mmmmm never encountered this problem .... and it gets pretty darn cold up here!!!

RCZ1

Reaction score
I leave my iPod in the car. It never comes out which is why it loses it's charge when it's really cold. It's only for about 3 or 4 minutes that it won't play then the charge starts to come through and it starts playing.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I leave my iPod in the car. It never comes out which is why it loses it's charge when it's really cold. It's only for about 3 or 4 minutes that it won't play then the charge starts to come through and it starts playing.

Mine never comes out either ... just to sync it occasionally.....

RCZ1

Reaction score
Don't you have a longish commute?

Mine's only 6 miles so only short runs in cold weather, not good. This and the cold weather is what I've put it down to. Doesn't happen in warmer weather.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Don't you have a longish commute?

Mine's only 6 miles so only short runs in cold weather, not good. This and the cold weather is what I've put it down to. Doesn't happen in warmer weather.

Yes I guess so, short distance but still takes me 40mins-1hr!