What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Ipod Nano connection

RCZ1

Reaction score
Press the menu button, you'll get a series of options under Audio Functions, scroll through to Play Modes. Here you'll find album repeat or random track play, which you can activate or de-activate. Hope this helps :thumbup:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
Press the menu button, you'll get a series of options under Audio Functions, scroll through to Play Modes. Here you'll find album repeat or random track play, which you can activate or de-activate. Hope this helps :thumbup:

TY ... I will give it a try in a little bit.

Do you know if this sets random for all sources or just the current source?

See you on the 17th ;-)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
If only we had one with the NG4 or whatever it is called. All my Ipod problems may be solved. I simply must get it sorted in the new car, because having the car choose my music in not acceptable. I want to be able to choose what I want to listen to from my Nano

A

Anonymous

Shuffle or random or whatever you want to call it IS ON THE NG4 , along with play, stop, skip, pause, reverse, forward.
These basic functions are also on the standard cd/radio player !

You can also chose ANY track from your play list on your Nano.

But if your having software probs, some ipod software is a bit temperamental with the NG4, just load the track or tracks to the jukebox and play them from there. In any order or sequence that you want.
Play it as a single track over and over again or as part of a saved collection of tracks or whatever way you want . Your NG4 is basicaly your Nano. Honest it works. :roll:

Ron, if you've chosen the NG4 media system for your new car it is going to be the same system as your exsisting car. i doubt very much that there will be a hardware difference, maybe some software would of been changed though ? But even if it is ALL the same there is nothing stopping you from selecting tracks in any order that you wish them to play.

Have you tried updating the software on you Nano, you may be able to do this via iTunes ? If the software version on the Nano is a bit dated and not compatible with the software on the NG4 it does'nt mean that the NG4 crap, it's just that the two software's are not linking, in reality the NG4 is not entirely to blame.

As i've explained before, my Nano works fine, and i can operate it fully from the NG4, but in all honesty i cannot see the point when you can just load all your music to the NG4 "jukebox".
I will say though that all our ipods, Nanos, mp3 players, phones ect ect are updated with the most recent software on a regular basis, and in some cases after updating we have gone back to older software due to probs, bear that in mind too !

So it may be worth trying a Nano update before this problem tips you over the edge. :lol:

A

Anonymous

But you can't select an artist or an album. I may want Jazz on my way into work or nightwish on my way home. I don't want what is basically a compilation album or in modern parlance a play list

A

Anonymous

Of course you can,
when you save your "jazz" album, name it whatever it is called, you will know then what to select to listen to jazz.

If your using the Ng4 to operate the Nano, then just use the steering stalks to find EVERYTHING on the Nano .

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
My experience with my ipod Nano and the stock stereo:

Random does work but because I have my nano loaded with CDs, random only random's on the cd and not throughout the nano library (which I wish it did).

When I set random, it only applied to the source at the time and not to all sources. So my nano was random, but my CD was not (just how I wanted it).

A

Anonymous

All I want to do is choose what to listen to. I can't search for anything. It is a 1600 track compilation album without sleeve notes! You get what IT dishes up. Like it or lump it.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
All I want to do is choose what to listen to. I can't search for anything. It is a 1600 track compilation album without sleeve notes! You get what IT dishes up. Like it or lump it.

For me, after selecting the nano as the source, I use the wheel on the stereo control on the steering wheel to select the album I want to play. Now if I have random on it will play all of the songs randomly within all of the songs on the albums associated with the artist (hope that makes sense).

A

Anonymous

Zombie1066 said:
For me, after selecting the nano as the source, I use the wheel on the stereo control on the steering wheel to select the album I want to play. Now if I have random on it will play all of the songs randomly within all of the songs on the albums associated with the artist (hope that makes sense).
My set up is utter garbage. All that I get is F01 - F50 contained within each of those is various numbers of randomly selected tracks, usually twix 30 & 40 per file. It will then play that file working it's way through the various tracks. I can skip to the next track, repeat it etc etc or choose a file number (not that I know what tracks are contained within any of these files) It is useless!!!

With my nano I can select artist, album, genre etc etc. But once connected to the car it is a massive compilation album. Hopeless!!! Plus it says eject before disconnecting. I have never managed to figure out how to do so

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
Zombie1066 said:
My set up is utter garbage. All that I get is F01 - F50 contained within each of those is various numbers of randomly selected tracks, usually twix 30 & 40 per file. It will then play that file working it's way through the various tracks. I can skip to the next track, repeat it etc etc or choose a file number (not that I know what tracks are contained within any of these files) It is useless!!!

With my nano I can select artist, album, genre etc etc. But once connected to the car it is a massive compilation album. Hopeless!!! Plus it says eject before disconnecting. I have never managed to figure out how to do so

I am so sorry to hear about this...for your info I have a Nano Gen 4, and all of my album details (Artist, album, and song) are displayed on the screen with no issues.

A

Anonymous

Not sure what generation mine is but I suspect it may be the latest. It's a very thin blue thing and was a Xmas present Christmas before last.

A

Anonymous

Zombie1066 said:
I am so sorry to hear about this...for your info I have a Nano Gen 4, and all of my album details (Artist, album, and song) are displayed on the screen with no issues.

We also have no issues whatsoever with Nano, ipod, iphone, ect ect.

Ron, have you gone back to the dealer with this ?

A

Anonymous

I posted on this on another thread. The issue is around the way the iDEVICE presents itself to the unit. Basically it can only talk to a device that presents itself as a USB data drive. The latest ipod nano does this and a couple of others. They behave in exactly the same way as if you plugged in a USB key. The iPhone (some of them) and some of the older/bigger iPods are not capable of presenting as USB drives.

This is the reason the system states it will interface to an iPod but only play mp3 and not apple formats as it is connecting as a USB key and as such you don't have access to the apple interface.