What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Ipod Nano connection

A

Anonymous

Hi All

Waiting to get my car delivered - due end of this month.

Can you tell me if I would be able to connect a new Ipod nano to the car and how would the controls work??

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dan :helpme:

A

Anonymous

Apparently yes you can and it allegedly works very well. However I have tried and failed, but then I am computer illiterate and so am probably not doing something correctly. It does play but only what it wants to and not what I would like it to. As I say that is just because I haven't got it set up correctly

A

Anonymous

Milner62 said:
Can you tell me if I would be able to connect a new Ipod nano to the car and how would the controls work?? :helpme:

Yes you can - and it works like a dream :clap:

Make sure you use the USB Cable (not the Jack) in the ArmRest.

All controlled from the Steering Wheel Stalk i.e. skip forwards / backwards; turn the wheel (on the stalk not the actual steering wheel !!) and you can skip the whole Album; turn volume up, down, mute; etc.

Play by Album, individual Artist, etc.

If you do a search, I'm sure that it's been better explained than I have done above.

I am that Convert :eusa-whistle:

Enjoy your Tunes :dance:

:greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
Make sure you use the USB Cable (not the Jack) in the ArmRest.
I don't have a jack socket only a usb in the armrest

A

Anonymous

Yes, you will Ron,

The Jack Socket is the little round hole in the same location

:thumbup:

You can actually use the Jack Socket and Lead, although you have to use the I-Pod itself to operate the (I-Pod) controls.
Okay if you have a passenger, pretty lethal if you're on your own :!: :cry:

:greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

The cars with the NG4 do not have the jack above the USB port, they have an AV input in the glove box. I have not been able to control any iPod from the USB input on the NG4.

A

Anonymous

Good update Mr Shiney :clap:

Wasn't aware of that.

I keep forgetting we all have slightly different cars :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:
Good update Mr Shiney :clap:

Wasn't aware of that.

I keep forgetting we all have slightly different cars :thumbup:
I didn't think that I was going mad as mine doesn't have the socket in the armrest but does have the things in the glove box. Still can't get my head around the NG4 but will really tackle this issue in September when the new one arrives

A

Anonymous

depends on which generation of ipod nano and which system you have in your car.

If you have the stock system I guarantee in one form or another you can get it running whether by USB (3rd or later) or AUX (all)

but one form another with the stock system you are fine

A

Anonymous

Thanks all for the info...will let you know how I get on WHEN I eventually get my car......delayed ANOTHER 2 weeks :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

tomy90 said:
depends on which generation of ipod nano and which system you have in your car.

If you have the stock system I guarantee in one form or another you can get it running whether by USB (3rd or later) or AUX (all)

but one form another with the stock system you are fine

100% agree,
my son has got his ipod nano to fully function via the NG4 using the cars controls to operate the nano both from the steering stalks and on the dash console.

I will add though, that i pesonaly cannot see why anyone would want to use anything like an ipod when you can just transfer 1000's of tracks to the "Jukebox" on the NG4 and use it exactly as you would an ipod.

You have your everything you need on the NG4's "jukebox" system, files, folders, select individual albums or tracks, shuffle, pause, repeat everything a ipod can do and maybe more ?

We only tried out using the ipod nano just see how to get it functioning via the NG4 because another member was having probs, but we found that it worked fine, but as i've said we couldnt see any reason or benefit to use an ipod, just load up the NG4 with your tracks or albums ect, and save them in the "jukebox" as a single track or album or whatever.
Basicaly your NG4 is an ipod on wheels. :thumbup:

NB, I think though the way you save your files initially to the ipod or any other sort of mp3 player , sd card, memory stick ect will have an affect on how the NG4 "reads" these files, so you have to save them in the correct format and how you want the file to be read, first before transfering or playing via the NG4, otherwise the NG4 will just see the device that it is reading from as a basic mass storage device.

My son has tried to explain all this to me but but i tend to go asleep halfway through, so i'm sorry if i have'nt fully explained how it's done or maybe confused anyone.
But anyway , if you really want use an ipod ect, instead of the NG4's "jukebox" it can be done and does fully work, but why anyone would want to i do not know !

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
but why anyone would want to i do not know !

because i have enough stuff to fill 100 Jukeboxes :p... or 8 ipod classics of 160Gb

A

Anonymous

Manelin,
Just like my son, he has 3 computers in his bedroom and another 3 seperate external hard drives All full of songs, films albums ect ect .
His bedroom is like a Nasa control room.
He really is into all this type of thing, i think he said the NG4 is 100Gb which is well big enough for my Dean Martin greatest hits album :lol:

If you are anything like him you will have no probs getting the NG4 to be fully compatible with an ipod.

Ps, i think everything has to be in MP3 formatt so that the steering and console controls work with the ipod. :eusa-think:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Ipod Nano connected to the Aux port (USB) in centre console, and no problem selecting it through the stereo system (not JBL system)...sweeeetttttt

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Manelin,
Just like my son, he has 3 computers in his bedroom and another 3 seperate external hard drives All full of songs, films albums ect ect .
His bedroom is like a Nasa control room.
He really is into all this type of thing, i think he said the NG4 is 100Gb which is well big enough for my Dean Martin greatest hits album :lol:

If you are anything like him you will have no probs getting the NG4 to be fully compatible with an ipod.

Ps, i think everything has to be in MP3 formatt so that the steering and console controls work with the ipod. :eusa-think:

Thought the jukebox was only 10 Gb.

But,, if i can get the NG4 to work with the ipod,, i will post a guide or something,,, and it will probably be good if someone stickied it,, because i see a lot of questions about it...

A

Anonymous

Not got the NG4 but my Ipod is connected via the usb and all works fine EXCEPT...................how do you get it to shuffle??

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
Not got the NG4 but my Ipod is connected via the usb and all works fine EXCEPT...................how do you get it to shuffle??
Wish I could get mine to work. Did factory reset last night and tried again but still just the same. Useless totally useless

A

Anonymous

Got mine to do the shuffle thing yesterday as I hung up a phone call - a menu came up with 2 options one of which was "random play" not sure what I actually did though and havent been able to repeat it ! :( :oops:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
H12RPO said:
Got mine to do the shuffle thing yesterday as I hung up a phone call - a menu came up with 2 options one of which was "random play" not sure what I actually did though and havent been able to repeat it ! :( :oops:

Oh I want to know how you got it to work, so keep trying to figure out what you did as I miss my shuffle :thumbup: