What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Ipod/MP3 player advice?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Not sure about the Lossless - have you tried to play your iPod in your RCZ (assuming you have a RCZ) :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Radja said:
Hello,

I have the new iPod Touch. When I connect it with the USB connection, there is a problem with the music. There are cuts every 20 seconds. When I listen the music with ear-phones everything is ok. It means that the problem is not coming from my iPod but only when I use a USB-cable. I have tried many USB-cables and I have always that problem.
Have you tried connecting via Bluetooth to see if that's ok?

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Not sure about the Lossless - have you tried to play your iPod in your RCZ (assuming you have a RCZ) :thumbup:

No I don't pick up the RCZ until around the 22nd... and I was wondering if I have to convert 100GB of lossless to mp3 just to be able to play it in the car.

Or I could just go and treat myself to a new ipod.

RCZ1

Reaction score
binkybmf said:
RCZ1 said:

No I don't pick up the RCZ until around the 22nd... and I was wondering if I have to convert 100GB of lossless to mp3 just to be able to play it in the car.

While I was waiting for my RCZ arrive, I read that the iPod needed to be gen 4 or later and the one I had was only second gen, so I bought a second hand iPod off eBay to play in the RCZ. It worked brilliantly but then
I tried my original one just to see...... And that worked too!

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
binkybmf said:
RCZ1 said:

While I was waiting for my RCZ arrive, I read that the iPod needed to be gen 4 or later and the one I had was only second gen, so I bought a second hand iPod off eBay to play in the RCZ. It worked brilliantly but then

That must have been a private facepalm moment for you there.....

Do me a favour and convert one of your songs to lossless in itunes and see if it picks up the song?

Cheers

Stuart

RCZ1

Reaction score

That must have been a private facepalm moment for you there.....

Do me a favour and convert one of your songs to lossless in itunes and see if it picks up the song?

I will but can you tell me how to do it?

A

Anonymous

there must be an issue with NG4 as Ive given up trying to get my IPOD to work and use an 8GB USB stick instead with playlists working fine

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I will but can you tell me how to do it?

From memory, you can right click on a song in itunes and then select change to lossless.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1550

However this may now be a moot problem as the dealer has informed me that my RCZ has arrived with the Sat Nav upgrade and made me an offer I couldn't refuse on the cost of it....

****UPDATED****

After reading the manual I found the answer to my question...

To play MP3 type files, connect the IPod using the USB port

To play ITunes files, connect the IPod using the auxiliary socket (AUX). so that must mean anything in the Apple audio containers.

Cheers

Stuart