What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Ipod/MP3 player advice?

A

Anonymous

Sorry to mither but can anyone recommend a make and model of MP3 player or ideally a specific Ipod that would be compatible with the basic RCZ stereo? You can probably tell I'm not sure of what the chuff I'm on about when it comes to these things, so if someone can help by recommending a particular product, that would be much appreciated! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Mine is a Philips but although it's very easy to use and ultra-reliable I haven't got around to connecting it to the RCZ :oops: as I keep it in my gym bag :lol: and tend to listen to the radio in the car as I'm usually only doing half-hour (apart from the current weather mayhem :thumbdown: ) journeys.

A

Anonymous

I use an ipod classic 30GB - works brilliantly with RCZ stereo. Best thing about the car!

A

Anonymous

Woolly said:
Sorry to mither but can anyone recommend a make and model of MP3 player or ideally a specific Ipod that would be compatible with the basic RCZ stereo? You can probably tell I'm not sure of what the chuff I'm on about when it comes to these things, so if someone can help by recommending a particular product, that would be much appreciated! :thumbup:

I've used an ipod classic 30GB too

Have to say, though, I prefer using a USB memory stick - you get all of the track info on the display (and it's much cheaper than an MP3 player). Also, I found the hard disk in my ipod occasionally skipped when I hit a bump.

A

Anonymous

I use an I-Pod Nano with the USB Cable.

Works perfect :eusa-whistle: ;) :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I use a 30GB Ipod Classic too - works perfectly, with full control from the steering wheel.

I've also tried my 2nd generation 8GB Ipod classic and to my surprise that worked too - again with full control.

I've not experienced the ipod skipping when going over bumps in the road like Maf mentioned above.

A

Anonymous

Hi
I also prefer the usb memory stick route. I'm currently using a 16gb memory stick (3000 songs roughly). These can be had for £15 approx and are a cheaper option than maybe leaving an MP3 player in the car.
All artist and track info is available via the lower stalk on the right hand side of the steering column.

A

Anonymous

I use an ipod 120gb in mine. Works perfectly - use list on the radio to view artists and tracks.
Superb

A

Anonymous

rwhillis said:
I use an ipod 120gb in mine. Works perfectly - use list on the radio to view artists and tracks.
Superb

I want a 120GB ipod but have no money because I bought an RCZ - doh!!!!! :roll:

A

Anonymous

Once again, thanks very much for all the comments...but you do know I'll be back - probably on Boxing Day - to ask how to get the ipod working!!!

A

Anonymous

It really is easy :eusa-whistle:

Just remember to use the USB Cable and not the Jack :D

All can then be controlled from the Steering Wheel Stalk.

Enjoy.

I am that Convert
:happy-wavemulticolor:

A

Anonymous

Plugged my ipod nano in today using the usb cable and everything works fine. Complete control from the steering wheel stalk and great sound out of the system. I was going to upgrade to the JBL option, but I am really gald I did not waste my money. Standard system is great.

:beer:

A

Anonymous

hi there , dont get the ipod touch with software 4.1/2 as this will not work in the car . as i have one and i know its dont work

A

Anonymous

Are you using the Jack and not the USB Cable :eusa-think:

This made a massive difference when I tried the i-pod :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

do you mean the aux port or is there a jack . as i have been useing the usb port so i could have control over the ipod touch but the software does not work with peugeot software in the car and when i ask peugeot about it they said apple will sort it, which i think is wrong i think peugeot should sort it out as it peugeot is in the wrong and apple ipod's do work . yes i have try the aux port i konw it not as good as the usb plus to change tracks you been to touch the ipod.

A

Anonymous

Ah well....at least you've tried :thumbup:

Not sure why you would think it's a Peugeot software fault though :eusa-think:

If the I-pod Touch doesn't work, then it doesn't work.

Solution: Get an I-pod Nano....they work great ;) :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Another vote for the nano 3G...although my old Ipod Touch 2nd gen worked. I tend to use a USB stick though which just stays in the car.

A

Anonymous

I used to use my (5 year old) iRiver MP3 player but I found the player crashed when I'd forgotten to switch back to the satnav jukebox before switching off the engine. So instead I got one of these:

http://www.lexar.com/products/lexar-ech ... tegory=214

It's 32GB and can hold well over 5000 tracks plus, when it's plugged into the USB socket it only sticks out by about roughly 1cm.

A

Anonymous

Hello,

I have the new iPod Touch. When I connect it with the USB connection, there is a problem with the music. There are cuts every 20 seconds. When I listen the music with ear-phones everything is ok. It means that the problem is not coming from my iPod but only when I use a USB-cable. I have tried many USB-cables and I have always that problem.

A

Anonymous

Hello

Does anyone know if the Apple Lossless audio format works? As I have a 180GB Ipod that has all the albums as lossless and would be a PITA to recode.

Cheers

Stuart