What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

iPhone music breaking up using USB connection

A

Anonymous

The Nano has a very small battery so doesn't draw a huge current when charging. It has (or had - haven't checked the specs on the latest incarnation) a 370 mAH battery, where as the iPhone for example (in the iPhone 4) has a 1600mAH battery - hence why they draw more current to charge the bigger devices - an example:

370mAH charged from flat on a 500mA source would take approx 45 minutes for a full charge
1600mAH charged from the same source would take 3.2 hours to charge (or half that if it is charged from a 1A source as is the specification from Apple)

So basically - if my theory is correct, those devices that draw very little current to charge the battery will work, where as those that need a lot of current will not (unless the battery is already fully charged). I guess we'll have to wait on someone who has an iPhone and an RCZ trying it out with a full battery in order to test the theory!

RCZ1

Reaction score
johnw said:
The Nano has a very small battery so doesn't draw a huge current when charging. It has (or had - haven't checked the specs on the latest incarnation) a 370 mAH battery, where as the iPhone for example (in the iPhone 4) has a 1600mAH battery - hence why they draw more current to charge the bigger devices - an example:

370mAH charged from flat on a 500mA source would take approx 45 minutes for a full charge
1600mAH charged from the same source would take 3.2 hours to charge (or half that if it is charged from a 1A source as is the specification from Apple)

So basically - if my theory is correct, those devices that draw very little current to charge the battery will work, where as those that need a lot of current will not (unless the battery is already fully charged). I guess we'll have to wait on someone who has an iPhone and an RCZ trying it out with a full battery in order to test the theory!

I'm not sure I quite understand what you are saying here but I have an iPhone 4s, which I often use via USB, particularly, if I want to charge it. Normally my IPod Classic lives in the car and is connected via the USB. Either way, I've never experienced jumping/skipping when playing music this way (or any way). The only thing I have noticed with the iPhone is when it's plugged into the USB and you start the engine, it will start to play but then stop straight away. You have to unplug it and then plug it back in. This does not happen with the iPod.

A

Anonymous

Hmm. Ok we'll that seems to blow the theory then. Was just trying to find a link as to why so many people were reporting issues with iPhones or iPod touches, but not with nanos and the like. But as you aren't getting the same issues with an iPhone 4S then it isn't down to current draw. Oh well. :s

A

Anonymous

johnw said:
Hmm. Ok we'll that seems to blow the theory then. Was just trying to find a link as to why so many people were reporting issues with iPhones or iPod touches, but not with nanos and the like. But as you aren't getting the same issues with an iPhone 4S then it isn't down to current draw. Oh well. :s
Is it Sat nav opposed to non sat nav variants?