What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Interior rear view mirror light. Weird buzz noise

lfe

Reaction score
When opening the car, this light should come on progressively and later it also goes off gradually.

But now it won't turn on. When it should turn on or off instead there is a buzzing noise of about 2 seconds on the right door internals !!

I guess it's generated by the speaker, but it does it the same whether the stereo is turned off or on.

It also does the buzzing sound when flipping the light switch to the right so it should come on instantly but it doesn't.

I have tried to change the LED bulb that it had for an incandescent one but the problem persists the same

The car is left hand drive

Any ideas ?

Pedro

Reaction score
Buzzing from any electrical component could be the power supply or the actual fitting itself is faulty works same in a house when plugs sockets or light switches etc start buzzing like bees its a sign they are goosed

lfe

Reaction score
Thanks Pedro,

Well, if the power supply fails, the problem will be in the BSI module. From there come the cables that go to the ceiling lamps.
The ceiling lamps module only has bulbs, switches and a LED diode with a resistor, it does not have electronics.

Today I'll look at cleaning the switches with contact cleaner and doing a BSI reset, but I have little hope that it will fix it.

Pedro

Reaction score
The BSI may be a problem but it controls most ancillaries on the car so maybe reset may cure it but sounds like the module might be cooked?

lfe

Reaction score
SOLVED !!

The problem was in the light below the right door.
The bulb had moved, crossed, and was shorting circuit.

The previous owner changed all the interior bulbs to LEDs.
I will put the incandescent ones back on, I prefer warm light instead of white, it is more pleasant.

The buzzing noise was produced by induction with the door speaker wires.
The LED bulb having long contacts and no protrusion between them is more likely to short-circuit if it is crossed

Thanks !

Attachments

• bulbs.jpg
    bulbs.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 4

Bart

Reaction score
I've used these leds for the last few cars, color temperature is 4000K and the fit is great as they are about the same size as an incandescent bulb. And the have the ridge on the socket to keep them in place as well:

product_thumb.jpg

Attachments

• product_thumb.jpg
    product_thumb.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 3