What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Insurance

A

Anonymous

Had my insurance renewal arrive on Friday - bit more than I was expecting (given what I paid to change to the RCZ part way through my last policy).

Anyway, 5 minutes of surfing, followed by a quick call to my insurer, and suddenly the premium fell by £200!!!

Never accept your renewal without shopping around :evil:

RCZ1

Reaction score
It's a good idea to shop around every year. New customers are offered bigger discounts. I've had renewal quotes before from a company, logged onto their website to get a quote as a new customer, and got a far lower quote than the renewal. Even after telephoning the company and pointing this out, they still could not match the on-line price, so I had to cancel my policy with them and then take out the new one, as a new customer. Bonkers ..... but true :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I remember when I got a cheaper quote for my wife#s insurance and phoned her Insurance company to cancel,when I told them who we were moving to and the women said,"that's fine they are our company too"
I didnt change my company when it came to change car because cancellation cost was too high but I will shop around on renewal.Some companies are cheaper going direct than through a price comparison site,so always worth a phone call.

A

Anonymous

David ck said:
I remember when I got a cheaper quote for my wife#s insurance and phoned her Insurance company to cancel,when I told them who we were moving to and the women said,"that's fine they are our company too"
I didnt change my company when it came to change car because cancellation cost was too high but I will shop around on renewal.Some companies are cheaper going direct than through a price comparison site,so always worth a phone call.

You are dead right David. I got a quote from Tesco Insurance through Confused.Com and the went onto Tesco's own website and the quote dropped by......£3.50 :eek: Obviously the commission payable to Confused.com. I then noticed that Tesco were offering a discount for buying on line and another discount for having a Clubcard. I'm afraid Confused.com didn't get its commission :lol:

I'm old enough to remember when it paid to stay with the same car insurer year on year but as others have said, not now. It seems crazy to me when you consider that it costs more to recruit a new customer than retain an existing one.

Cheers

Dave