What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Insurance

A

Anonymous

Collect my RCZ on Saturday, and just called up Peugeot to take advantage of the weeks free insurance.

Whilst on the phone they gave me a quote for a full years insurance with themselves for me & my Mrs (Both 38, with no claims or convictions).

800 quid with a 300 excess. Seems very steep to me. I'll be trying the various comparison sites later, but does anyone have any specific recommendations for cheap insurance?

Thanks

A

Anonymous

i went with MoreThan - they seemed to be a lot cheaper for the RCZ than everywhere else. i'm 37 with 3 yrs no claims and am paying £460 (had a no fault accident last year).

i know other people have cheaper, but the post-code also plays a major role. when i moved from Cambridge from Nottm, it dropped 250 quid!

dave

RCZ1

Reaction score
Peugeot also gave me a rather steep quote when I took advantage of their free 7 day insurance, which I obviously declined !

I'm with LV and were very reasonable and cheaper than others, like for like.

A

Anonymous

I got a good deal with the AA - £490 fully comp. 18years no claims :dance: but my OH has 9 points and an accident. My Dad is also covered.
But I'm in NE Scotland :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

no chance of an accident then apart from and ocasional deer.

A

Anonymous

bee said:
no chance of an accident then apart from and ocasional deer.
sssshhhhhhh ... dinna go saying things like that!!!! :law-policered:

A

Anonymous

I am alittle older at 69 but my ins for a THP 200 was £269, Peugeot wanted over £500, no way!!

A

Anonymous

well i have been to the kyles of bute and not seen a car for 100 miles.

A

Anonymous

I pay under £200 for mine. 42 full NCB. Peugeot quoted me £1100!!!!

A

Anonymous

Had my renewal last week with , Aviva = £449
Shopped around and found Axa = £307 ( on go compare)
9 years protected no claims, age 48, fully comp, myelf & wife to drive, no convictions, well for motoring anyway, (then theres the good nights out with the lads in Wind Street :eusa-whistle: )

Swansea has a bit of a bad rep with insurance companies, it goes back to the days of joy riders, which fortunately is a thing of the past but insurance companies have long memories.

Ps,
be careful with Aviva their max NCD is 5 years. So if you go there with over 5 years they will only provide proof of 5 years when you leave and you have to obtain the rest from your previous insurance companies, which can be a bit of a pain.

A

Anonymous

Jactac, I feel your pain. Trying to get insurance as HM Forces can be a bit of a challenge. 35, 12 years NCB, and no points for speeding, advanced driving licence and Police High Speed Driving Course (Advanced and defensive driving), you'd think id be in with a good shot?!

Well, I remember asking one company how they came up with a figure of £1300 for the year, and they said as I was in the military it would cover me if i went to a warzone... Somewhat mystified I asked if they had many soldiers who took their private cars to Afghanistan with them!! They then continued to inform me that acts of war weren't covered by the policy!! I laughed at them at this point! Or the time the same insurance company I have my Porsche with quoted my £800, when i asked how this was, as I would use the NCB on the RCZ and that my Porsche was currently covered for £550, they told me it was done on BHP and Desirability :O Its official, RCZ's are more powerful and desirable than Porsches!

Well currently on 445 Euros, for fully comp any country in Europe as im living in Germany at the moment, not bad I guess, but will be hell convincing UK ins policies that my NCB is valid :D

The other thing about insurance that baffles me is i have constantly received cheaper quotes for Fully comp than for 3rd party (for garaging my other car), how stupid is that?!

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Shopped around and found Axa = £307 ( on go compare)

Same here - AXA (via moneysupermarket) at just over £300, fully comp, £350 excess, 7 NCD, but after adding the legal cover and monthly payment interest it worked out at £360 all in, which is fine by me as it's a third cheaper than my old modded 207 cost to insure.

The Peugeot insurance bods quoted my over £600 with £500 excess. :lol:

soundwave5150

Reaction score
Wiggers said:
The other thing about insurance that baffles me is i have constantly received cheaper quotes for Fully comp than for 3rd party (for garaging my other car), how stupid is that?!

It actually makes a lot of sense, prices are generated by statistics, and who statistically wants 3rd party? - People with old bangers, who tends to buy old bangers? - Young lads, and how many young lads with old bangers drive carefully to avoid damaging them? Not many . . .

3rd party will be gone in a few years and the overall cost of policies might fall if this leads to more careful drivers.

A

Anonymous

£4,513.48 quote from Peugeot for insurance....Decided not to go with Peugeot...Surprisingly

A

Anonymous

heheh £1076.98 for my missus(a lawyer aged 35) and myself (35 11 years NCb and clean licence), in a very low risk postcode area! Peugeot really need to look at their assessment method, judging from this forum!

A

Anonymous

Ok, Im over 60, but I feel rather smug in that I pay £195 through RIAS insurance, (40 years + NCB and no driving convictions)

A

Anonymous

RCZ_84 said:
£4,513.48 quote from Peugeot for insurance....Decided not to go with Peugeot...Surprisingly

Blimey! Is your car gold plated?!?!?

Thanks for the replies everyone. Go compare has come up with a policy from Admiral that's 380 (As opposed to 800 from Peugeot), and includes legal cover, windscreen cover etc etc. So that's me sorted.

A

Anonymous

i had a similar issue with peugeot (they wouldn't insure me because of my age) and in the end went with elephant.co.uk (part of admiral group) they were ridiculously cheaper than everyone else and they did not consider me a high risk because of having more than 3 options on my car ... please i would understand if it was aftermarket but they were peugeot who did it

jg43210

Reaction score
But bizarrely, Peugeot were the cheapest for me - way less that LV (my previous insurer). £360/year.... 43, full NCD, clean licence...