What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Insurance

Evan

Reaction score
So a weird question but because I don't really know how it works here in UK. So I'm thinking to install an induction kit and later remap. What should I do with the insurance? What did you do? Thank you

Kerr

Reaction score
Don't withhold any information. It could easily invalidate your insurance.

Some insurance companies are more friendly than others towards modifications. The company offering the best price for a standard car might not even touch a modified car.

Changing policy part way through can be costly. Often you don't get the same competitive pricing as you do at the start.

There is usually an admin fee for each change to the policy. Adding modifications on a later date, and individually, could see you having to pay the admin fee each time.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
When I put the decals on my cars I had to inform the insurance company as this went down as a modification to paint work and they did say just adding a few stickers also applied.. So for all you RCZers just beware if its not standard they will find it easy not to pay out if anything happens....
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Also, it’s worth noting that not all insurance companies, and not all modifications affect the price. I would imagine a remap will though.🤔🙁

2retro

Reaction score
Or just don't say anything to the robbing b*stards that consider adding a sticker to be a modification and hope for the best! :cool:

Pedro

Reaction score
So a weird question but because I don't really know how it works here in UK. So I'm thinking to install an induction kit and later remap. What should I do with the insurance? What did you do? Thank you
Watch your back when dealing with the Insurance companies you may be the safest driver on Earth but if someone runs into you & they find you have modified the Engine etc without informing them your insurance will be invalid thus they can refuse to pay towards your cost of repairs for your car & you could possibly face criminal charges (No Insurance cover) whilst being involved in a accident even if its not your fault if the case goes to court & the other person's insurers will also take proceedings against you for liability for Damage & losses & more than likely personal injury (whiplash if its a minor shunt) to the other driver whilst you were driving an uninsured car so is it worth eh hassle of a phone call ?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
When I informed my insurance company about the decals on my cars its didn't effect the price but when my policy came back it states that they are on the cover so no argument for me there....

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The thing about insurance that confuses me is, if you buy a car that has factory options on, you don’t have to tell them it’s been modified, even though the car could have been bought without them, so if you buy a second hand car, how do you know if certain mods were factory options or not?

Pedro

Reaction score
The thing about insurance that confuses me is, if you buy a car that has factory options on, you don’t have to tell them it’s been modified, even though the car could have been bought without them, so if you buy a second hand car, how do you know if certain mods were factory options or not?
I think the Insurers definition of Modify is to change the original manufactured aspects of the car in any shape or form whether its mechanical/Electrical enhancement or Engine control systems or even body modifications which alters the stock manufactured vehicle they take the view you have upgraded into a different insurance category

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I get that, not always easy to know what has been modded on a used purchase, and what might have been a factory option. I’m sure the insurers would love you to just tell them about anything that might be a mod so they can charge you extra, Just in case 🤔

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I have my insurance about my mods, aftermarket alloys, full skirt kit including front splitter and rear defuser also air filter mods and decals plus my custom exhaust all in all cost me about £50 extra! Well worth the money.