What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Insurance recommendations after a remap

travelswithanrcz

Reaction score
Hi guys, apologies if this isn't the right place to post this...

Just wondering if anyone has any insurance recommendations for an RCZ after a remap. Planning on remapping my THP 200 up to 235 in March, but the only quotes I've seen so far have come through moneysupermarket & comparethemarket.

I see Adrian Flux have a big spiel about how they value modded car drivers, but wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Also asking just in case there's anyone obvious I'm missing that don't show up on the price comparison sites?

Direct Line don't appear to insure modded cars (but oddly enough they would insure me on an RCZ R with no mods, despite it still having an extra 35bhp) & I'm currently with Hastings who although quite cheap, have been a bit shit.

I'm 38, so no young driver extortionate rates for me luckily.

Cheers!
Kris

travelswithanrcz

Reaction score
To be fair, they wouldn't. But if I didn't declare it and then needed to make a claim, they could refuse to pay out.

Probably wouldn't be checked on a minor accident, but I've heard on larger accidents that some insurers check the ECU.

Would rather keep myself squeaky clean, just in case.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I have heard that many RCZers have had stage one remap and informed insurers about it and said its for fuel efficiency and no problem.... I am sure one of these RCZers will be popping up to let you know..

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
I had mine over 3 years, it was great. Had 1 headlight bulb go.
I traded it in for a new Corolla estate in January last year.

travelswithanrcz

Reaction score
Yeah I've heard they're pretty much bulletproof in terms of reliability. Japanese cars usually are tbf.

Had an 08 Civic until March last year and admittedly, didn't treat it very well. Still never had a single mechanical issue with it ever.