What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Insurance in Rep of Ireland

A

Anonymous

I am collecting my RCZ HDi on the 1st of Sept. Trouble is I am finding it very difficult to get a decent quote from an insurance company. I tried about 10 of them so far and only 2 quotes, one for €1600 and another for €2200. I am 31 have a full clean Irish driving license for 5 years. Most insurance companies dont have the RCZ on their systems so wont touch. If there are any Irish owners out there which ins co have you used?

Thanks in advance!

A

Anonymous

Blimey that is a hell of a cost, assuming £ for € that is a stonging lot of money. I pay less than a quarter of that. There is no excuse for them not having the RCZ on their data base. After all we have members receiving tax disc renewal notifications! So why are they so far behind the times?

A

Anonymous

I think they must all subscribe to the same vehicle database or something. Its not very good whatever it is. The government have the RCZ on their system so I can certainly pay them their 16%+ vehicle registration tax. Thats another €5.5K at least just to bring it in to the country. Rip off republic!

A

Anonymous

I live in the north & have same car no problems with insurance try Hughes & co £327 pr yr full comp plus bonus prot, southern Ireland might be different.
Regards
Allen