What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Inside Boot Courtesy Lights HELP please!? Common problem...?

A

Anonymous

I’ve searched and searched the web but cannot seem to find anything on the internal boot courtesy lights (one upper one right) which both appear to not be working :( on my recently purchased 2010.

I’ve removed both lights and replaced both bulbs (twice) checked any relevant and some irrelevant fuses (thrice) and can’t seem to find the problem with it.

All other courtesy lights in the car are functioning and all visible connections seem fine so was just wondering if there was anything else I should check/ if anyone else has had this issue ?

As I can’t find any info at all anywhere and didn’t want to miss something obvious before I pull out the entire boot and chase all the wires :/

Thank you!

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Re: Inside Boot Courtesy Lights HELP please!? Common problem

If they are both not working, maybe it’s the switch that is it operating correctly?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score

I would have thought both lights will work off the same switch :eusa-think:

DKZ5745

Reaction score

neilgsxr69 said:
I would have thought both lights will work off the same switch :eusa-think:

Sorry, yes that’s what I meant, maybe it’s the switch that controls both lights that is faulty. I’m not sure where it’s located for the boot lights though, not something I have ever noticed :eusa-think:

tianorth

Reaction score

The boot lights are the same as the puddle lights in the bottom of the doors.
It might be the light itself.
Plug it into the door if the puddle lights work to see if the lights work.
Then if they do, you know it's wiring related or boot switch!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk[/quote]
DKZ5745 said:
If they are both not working, maybe it’s the switch that is it operating correctly?

That was my second thought! I believe they operate off of the boot sensor which i've assumed is the rubber ended short pole sticking out next to the boot securing lock mechanism. Logic would have that this same sensor would illuminate the inner car warning to an open boot whilst driving so maybe i'll see if that is actually functioning...

tianorth said:
The boot lights are the same as the puddle lights in the bottom of the doors.
It might be the light itself.
Plug it into the door if the puddle lights work to see if the lights work.
Then if they do, you know it's wiring related or boot switch!

Ohh i actually had not even thought of that!! Thanks so much- fab idea, will definitely try!