What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Independant Garage or Mechanic

JokUK

Reaction score
Unfortunately after two months of ownership, first fault has appeared, yesterday when I started the car it was a little lumpy for about 15 seconds then fine, today engine warning light on with message Engine needs repair. Ordered an OBD reader but will need to take it somewhere no doubt. the three month warranty should cover it but if anyone has recommendations of a good independent garage in the Middlesex, Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Hertfordshire area I would appreciate it.

Thanks

John

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
What OBD reader did you order?
You'll find some are VERY limited on PSA vehicles. The only one that I've used that actually works in any meaningful and useful way is Diagbox with a laptop and interface.

Simple ones are ok for retrieving a code, but unfortunately that's probably as much as you'll get.
You'll probably get no VIN coding capability and only simple live data.

I had to have mine checked while we were away a few days ago. The bloke used an Icar something?
He got a fault code. Wouldn't even tell him what car it was plugged in to.

I bought Diagbox years ago, so plugged it in as soon as I got home and was furnished with all the information I needed to buy a replacement part.

JokUK

Reaction score
RCZIain said:
What OBD reader did you order?
You'll find some are VERY limited on PSA vehicles. The only one that I've used that actually works in any meaningful and useful way is Diagbox with a laptop and interface.

Simple ones are ok for retrieving a code, but unfortunately that's probably as much as you'll get.
You'll probably get no VIN coding capability and only simple live data.

I had to have mine checked while we were away a few days ago. The bloke used an Icar something?
He got a fault code. Wouldn't even tell him what car it was plugged in to.

I bought Diagbox years ago, so plugged it in as soon as I got home and was furnished with all the information I needed to buy a replacement part.

Just a cheap one, hoping to get a code then Google..................

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
That's OK, unless you get one that only provides generic codes or can't read one or more of the multitudes of ECUs on the car.

I'm sure it will be fine, plenty of people have generic readers and seem happy enough.

JokUK

Reaction score
RCZIain said:
That's OK, unless you get one that only provides generic codes or can't read one or more of the multitudes of ECUs on the car.

I'm sure it will be fine, plenty of people have generic readers and seem happy enough.

Cheap little reader but seems good, unfortunately fault reads P0087 Fuel rail/system pressure too low

can I hope this will not be the fuel pump as other posts seem to indicate :(

JokUK

Reaction score
pete.garratt said:
Almost certainly fuel pump.

If it’s running rough or down on power, definitely.

Runs rough on start up but then fine for rest of day , sometimes a couple of days

currently parked due to active bonnet deployment .....need to limp to a good garage

JokUK

Reaction score
Pleased to say a local recommended garage has turned out to be excellent, fingers crossed I don't need to visit them too often !