What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Importing RCZ to USA?

vicsunus

Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing an RCZ in the UK. This might be a weird question but is it possible to import the car into the United States?
What sort of modifications and paperwork need to be completed for this to happen?

Flanners

Reaction score
Cars imported into USA under 25 years old have to comply with Federal Vehicle Standards, RCZ was never sold there not sure it complies. Probably just a stealth anti Euro car import ruse to protect their industry. Cheaper option wait another 15 years for a 10 plate import.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
You are probably better asking the question in the US. When I left school (many many years ago) I worked for an import export shipping company at Leeds container base in the U.K. it s perfectly doable to export cars to the US and happens every day, but mainly with cars destined for there during their manufacture. The emissions and various other regulations in the US are different to the U.K. and the raft of paperwork required to prove that the car is usable in the US is daunting.
Also, as has been pointed out above, you would probably be better sourcing a vehicle from other European countries that have left hand drive cars which would be more suitable for the US.
If you are determined to do this, google a shipping company in your chosen source country, and contact them asking exactly what would be required, and what the fees would be.
Then you would need to arrange the purchase of the car, and get the shipping company to collect it.
I think the costs involved would be quite high.
Good luck, and let us know how you get on.