What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

imminent departure

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
La Gata Negra has gone in for a service and check-over ready for sale.
Sadly only a very few kms have been added in the last three and a half years.
Since the beginning of the COVID lockdown in March 2020, here in Spain, the only journeys of any distance have been using the Jag estate and then subsequently the Pug RXH; mainly due to stress, because both were/are automatics, which age (mine) now prefers.

The last eighteen months have been particularly difficult with my wife's health and needing to make regular distance trips for consultancy and chemotherapy then surgery and post-operative appointments.
Subsequent radiotherapy has been closer to home and the runabout (108) has been the appropriate choice.
We shall look for a Mini Auto which my wife desires and then maybe dispose of the 108.
I am now awaiting results following local surgery.

We are both getting very close to eighty and cars are becoming less important, as long as our ability to drive continues.
Driving the RCZ the short run (one km) to the workshop was nice and crisp, but it is not to be.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that you having to let go of La Gata Negra hope who ever gets it will be very lucky to have such a well cared for RCZ.. Hope you will continue to contribute to the forum as you have been a strong member since 2017, hope you and your family the best of health from your RCZ friends on the forum
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les N Karen n Co

Last edited:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
LGN has had a revision (small service), oil change, filters, etc., and a pass with no advisories at ITV (MoT).
The bossman (owner) at the Pug taller (workshop), a friend of ours, is getting photo's taken and will go up on a car sales web site.
There are odd rules on advertising cars here, so doing it properly.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hope you get a good f
Price for her and if you get any photos from the garage post some on here. Take care..Les n Co

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Sad day to lose your beloved RCZ. I fully understand your reasons though.

Mine only did @320 miles between MOT’s last time, but I am loathed to think about selling, but I’m coming under increasing pressure from my OH due to the rising costs of having/running a second car.

I hope both you and your OH have improvements in health, and that whatever car you get fits your needs better.

As Les has said, you are welcome to stay around and contribute on here, we would miss you if you left completely.

Stay safe, & let’s see some last few pics of your lovely RCZ.

Pete

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Thanks for your kind words.
When/if I locate the advert and photo's, I will try and post either a link or copies of them.
Our instructions to our chap are simply to get as good a price for the RCZ and purchase an auto Mini for similar amount, with the proviso being it should meet the Euro 6 emissions standard which are used by many cities here to restrict access.
Both the RXH and 108 meet these requirements, and have the windscreen disc that prevents being fined.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss 😢😭
Hope to see the new owner joining us here on the forum
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Karen

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
To add a little more flesh to the bone, so to speak:
Today I bid farewell to a lovely motor that I have had for five and a half years.
The Pug RCZ 2.0L HDi coupe has been sold.
A very nice young man, a fighter pilot from Southern Spain, saw the add and got in touch, having owned a petrol RCZ a few years back and got rid, with reliability problems with the petrol engine.
So when he spotted my "oil-burner" he was attracted as he enjoyed his RCZ, other than the engine.
He made an offer; we accepted, and our local Pug man, who looks after the fleet, acted as go between for the formalities.
Job done and a little sad, but then it was a bit silly having a motor which only did about three kms since the COVID outbreak and restrictions.
The Pug 508 RXH is the cruiser and the 108 the runabout.
Wife would like a Mini auto, so that is what we will do with the money.
Once used to that we might flog the 108.