What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

I'm not against all main dealerships

A

Anonymous

Just to show that I am not against all main dealerships, just the poor ones that I have purchased from or in some cases tried to purchase from. I bought my bestest a new VW Beetle a couple of years ago. I was very impressed by the salesman. Helpful, knowledgeable and not full of bull. So car dually purchased. They really looked after my missus when we went to collect our new purchase and went through everything with her (not me the buyer) which I thought was really good. First service they noticed an oil leak. Said that it could be coming from one of two places but couldn't determine which one. So replaced both parts under warranty. Paintwork had an excess of stone chips on it so they called in a VW assessor to check the paint quality. He said all was Ok it was normal damaged sustained during driving. Main dealer was not happy and told my wife to bring the car in at her convenience and they would touch up the chips FREE of charge. Second year service done yesterday for price quoted in advance (£267) as she declined a courtesy car they offered to drive her into York and collect her later. A nice chap dropped her off and assured her that he would be back to collect her at 1500Hrs. He did, but as he was in a different car he pulled up just short and approached on foot, taking her shopping and placing it into the boot. At the showroom he dropped her off at the doorway as it was raining and offloaded her shopping into her car.
Now that is what I call service. I wouldn't expect that level from all dealerships but if they would only try to get close I'd be happy. I can't find fault with the VW dealer and feel they go the extra mile. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Ron m8,
I really would not hold your breath while waiting for that sort of service from all dealers. :thumbdown:

I bought my RCZ from one dealer but will be getting it serviced/repaired at another closer to home, so far i'm not that impressed with the my local Peugeot dealer.
There are two others a few miles further out, in opposite directions, which to be honest would be a bit of a pain to get to, so i think i'm stuck with my local dealer.

I will be totaly honest and say that if i do get any nonsense, i would go back too Vauxhall, this may surprise many people, as some regard Vauxhall as rather lame, but i can truly say that i have owned a number of Vauxhalls and all have been very good cars with outstanding service from the main dealer.

In all honesty i dont think we will be keeping the RCZ long term anyway, Initially we did, but there's been the odd comment in the "H" household already about "changing to something else" or "that would of been a better option" :crazy:

Just last week we popped into a few dealers to see what was on show, now that cant be good news after just 3 months of getting a new car !

Dont get me wrong, there is NOTHING that stands out telling me to get rid of the car, i like driving it , i really love the look of it and the attention that it receives, and out of all the RCZ models i think i picked the best one for my needs, but i just cant put my finger on why i would be willing to let it go so soon, the car looks just awsome, but there's just something niggling me about keeping it long term that i can't put my finger on and i've actualy felt like this for a few weeks, which can't be good so soon !

I think it's probably a small number of silly & irritating things that after a while of putting up with them they just make you get bored and ready for a change.

It's only 5 months until xmas so i will probably get that out of the way then may look at something in the new year. :eusa-think:

I will take an hammering on part ex so will try a private sale first, thats if we do actually decide to let it go. we'll see. :?:

A

Anonymous

That is excellent Service Ron, normally only experienced in Audi Garages.
Good to see that VW are raising their game and understanding the massive benefits of Customer Satisfaction :clap:

I'm often reminded that I should forget Audi and start experiencing the VW Models. Nothing really grabs me of theirs at the moment though. Suppose their new one might be worth a look ??

jactac said:
....i like driving the car, i really love the look of it and the attention that it receives.....but i just cant put my finger on why i would be willing to let it go so soon.....

I know how you feel. I was saying this only last week - which is so wrong within the first year of ownership (Sept 2010).
My reasoning is that the car LOOKS better than it actually is.
It's not fast enough (any model), doesn't hold the corners tight enough and is really just a nice car for "tootling" about in.

It is a nice enough car though and I have certainly enjoyed it to date - it just doesn't have that WOW (for me) :eusa-think:
Was wondering last night about where my previous car is and how it's getting on :helpme:

jactac said:
Probably take an hammering on part ex so will try a private sale first, thats if we do actually decide to let it go. We'll see. :?:

That's why I'm going to continue "tootling" along in it for the first 3 years - if I can hold out that long.
When it goes in for Servicing may be the time that it finishes me off :idea:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Quite frankly I'm shocked you feel that way, both of you, Jactac and Gorwell :eek:

It maybe isn't the fastest car in the world, but surely you knew that before you placed your order. I really don't understand it when you say it doesn't corner too well. I've never had a car so poised going around corners, it stays perfectly flat. It's not all about going fast, sometimes it's just best to tootle along. Take in the admiring glances. Why is everyone so intent on going so fast these days :eusa-think:

A car can be many thinks to many people and I can honestly say this car has grabbed me more than any other that I've owned. I love it more everyday and to be honest I may even trade this in when the time comes, for the face lifted model and that's from someone who has never, ever considered buying the same model in succession, even though I have enjoyed all my cars and not one of them has let me down. To my mind there is nothing that comes close to looking as good as the RCZ, except when you get into the realms of Audi R8s. This car fits my needs perfectly :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1-i completly agree in fact i cannot think of any other car in the price bracket that i would buy,even if i wanted to swap my bee.

A

Anonymous

Please don't think i dislike this car or that i think it's performance or handling is less than what i expected. I'm very happy with both !
I just cannot see it being a long term car, for me.

I do though think that Gorwell has a valid point, the RCZ is really JUST one hell of a looker.

Someone wrote in a thread recently that we should drive the RCZ like a "sports car" because "thats what it is".

Come on, no it's not a sports car, it's just a fantastic looking car, and anyone who know's a little about "real sports cars" will tell you the same thing.

I personaly think that we all love the attraction and stares that this car brings more than anything else.

Many people mention it's handling, cornering, and perhaps performance, which even in the 200 is a little questionable, but if the RCZ looked far less eye catching, i think we would have far less members on this site.
It's looks ARE it's main features, simple !
And THAT is why i purchased the car, nothing to do with power or speed or handling on corners.

All i'm saying is, i love the car inside and outside, i think it's an ok drive, but there's just something telling me thats it's not THE car for me long term.

It's just eye candy really, just like Britney Spears and would you like to have a long term relationship with her ?
Remember how she looks without makeup :eusa-think:

FGRob

Reaction score
Hey guys I've been there and got the tee shirt, never regret owning owning an RCZ, but needed to be more practical as circumstances changed over the last 12 months.

I will say though after putting some goodies on the Mini, Peugeot really need to up their game, I'm not talking about looks or cabin finish, I'm talking about the workings of the car - suspension etc. When I looked under the RCZ I was not to impressed with the quality of materials used and the lack of protection, simple things like painting the drive shafts, corrosion on the shock absorbers and the general use of materials seems to be very basic. Considering these cars are built at the same plant they are like chalk and cheese with the Mini being in a totally different league with a lot of very interesting and well engineered materials being used. This is me coming at it from an engineering point of view - basic first impressions which not everyone understands but I certainly take into account when looking at a car - although that went out the window when I saw the RCZ for the first time. :oops: :eek: :eek:

Rob.

A

Anonymous

jactac my last 2 cars were Astra TwinTops and they were not the best. you only need to go onto the TwinTop forum and all that it is is a forum to air their moans about it. Leaks from here there and everywhere. Rattles here rattles there. Mysterious dents appearing in the roof pillars. Twas not a good car. Like the RCZ it had the looks, or at least I thought that it had until I parked next to an RCZ. Then it looked very dated (as does the Audi TT) The dealer service was the worst that I have ever experienced. Even the sales department at one dealership was awful I failed twice to place an order with them. If only a VW suited my needs then I would not have been on this forum (sorry) but none took my fancy. That particular dealership is well run. The guy that sold me the Buggsey is now the sales manager and deserves to be. As an Ex salesman and Sales Manager I was very impressed with his technique and knowledge. I am the easiest customer for any car dealership, as I walk in knowing that I want to place an order and knowing what I want to buy so how can so many so called salesmen fail to take my order? Answer... they do not read the signs and assume that either I am just looking or that I can't afford it. Dave at VW realised almost immediately as his language changed to order details once I had chosen the variant. As on this occasion not all was down to me as the car was for my bestest.
Now to our beauties. I have the 2.0 HDi and am more than impressed at the way it pulls away from a standing start. I have to pull out of our village onto the busy A64 trunk road and she flies. She is awesome when going from cruising speed to flying speed without the need to change down a gear. I do not need any more power, this is more than enough for me. My one and only gripe with it is the bloody media system is too complicated and the instruction manual to basic, Ie it gloss's over everything without explaining anything. I really need an hour or so with an expert to go through it all. Do you think that will happen? Not on your nellie will it!

A

Anonymous

rcz sold on its looks - build quality ok- hdi engine suits the car- leather seats and cab finish very good, will i buy another one ?
most definetly especially if the front nose is redesigned.and the quads are standard.simples.

A

Anonymous

bee said:
rcz sold on its looks - build quality ok- hdi engine suits the car- leather seats and cab finish very good, will i buy another one ?
most definetly especially if the front nose is redesigned.and the quads are standard.simples.
I would buy another but my next one is already on order. Full leather, Quads, Sat nav, sports pack, Champagne arches etc. But no new front end unfortunately, Guess I'll be waiting a while before I can justify changing it again!

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I really don't understand it when you say it doesn't corner too well. I've never had a car so poised going around corners, it stays perfectly flat.

My last two cars had such tight steering, so maybe I've been spoilt, although this car's handling is like my previous car was after four years of driving.
Maybe there's something wrong, I'll ask them to have a look when I change the oil in September.
I'm virtually on half a (steering) wheel turn before the front wheels start to turn. If I wobble the Steering Wheel slightly back and forth, I'll still go in a straight line.
Had some hard braking the other day and the Steering Wheel wobbled feriousciously (that can't be spelt right ?!), so I think my discs may be warped - the car's not even a year old yet :thumbdown:
I think that's what stopping me from having it checked over - confirmation that all the above needs doing.
I should take it in :(

RCZ1 said:
To my mind there is nothing that comes close to looking as good as the RCZ Diesel (in Dolphin Blue), except when you get into the realms of Audi R8s. This car fits my needs perfectly :thumbup:

Now there is a true and wise statement - and from a woman ;)

:greetings-wavingblue:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Gorwell said:
RCZ1 said:
To my mind there is nothing that comes close to looking as good as the RCZ Diesel (in Dolphin Blue), except when you get into the realms of Audi R8s. This car fits my needs perfectly :thumbup:

Now there is a true and wise statement - and from a woman ;)

:greetings-wavingblue:

What :?: I didn't say that :eek: :lol:

You had me there for a minute :thumbup:

GT RCZ

Reaction score
I think your comments are probably right for the 156 & the diesel burners but must say I have to agree with Richard Hammond.

The 200bhp car is far better & handles great, to quote Hammond.

Peugeot RCZ review: Hot and sexy car as fast as it looks..

By Richard Hammond 8/10/2010

I can hear you saying it now: "Hammond you clot, you've already written about the Peugeot RCZ back in May."

And you'd be right because I did, on the 21st to be exact.

But that car was the 156bhp 1.6 THP and the one you're looking at now is the 200bhp 1.6 THP.

You might think that this one is going to be a bit faster. But you'd be wrong.

This more powerful version is as different from the standard car as would be an RCZ fitted with a one-cylinder diesel engine from a dumper truck that you started with a handle.

This car looks just as sexy as the less powerful RCZ and is indeed considerably faster. But there's more to it than that because Peugeot has done a lot of fiddling under the RCZ's sexy body that you can't actually see.

First of all the 200bhp RCZ is fitted with wider and stronger hubs from the Peugeot 407 saloon.

The result is a more precise feel from the front of the car when you're bunging it into a corner, and stacks more grip.

There's also a thicker anti-roll bar at the front that cuts roll (as you might have guessed) and also gives the car quicker reactions.

There's more... The brakes are bigger to cope with the extra performance and the gear ratios in the top three gears have been brought closer together to give the car more Usain Bolt factor in fourth, fifth and sixth gear. The result is that this RCZ feels miles faster than the car we drove in May.

It's in a different league, in fact. Inside, the RCZ 200 is fitted with a smaller steering wheel and a gear lever with a short throw - both of which give this RCZ a much sportier feel.

Top speed of the hot RCZ is 147mph and 0-62mph takes 7.5 sec.

Now the RCZ actually goes as fast as it looks. My only grumble is that the throttle response from the 1.6-litre turbocharged engine is rather abrupt. Fine when you're giving it the beans on a country road but not so good when you're trying to accelerate in town.

I'd love the Peugeot RCZ even if it was fitted with a dumper truck engine because it looks so fantastic."

A

Anonymous

I dont know if i was misunderstood, but i have NO problems what so ever with the performance of the 156 or its handling both ARE what i expected.

Some people seem to think this is all about speed and handling, well in my case it's not.

I just do not see me keeping the RCZ long term, NOTHING to do with performance or handling, maybe it is more of a quality thing, sometimes i just dont feel like i'm driving a 3 month old car, even though it looks totaly new and awsome.
I know that all makes and models have their problems, but every time i log in there seems to be another thread with a new fault or niggle, and like Rob say's, take a good look under the car and it really is put together with the bare minimum, very little or no protection on some parts, like the rusting calipers for instance.

The RZC does without any doubt owe it's success to it's looks, whether that be the 156 or the 200.

As GT RZC clearly states : "I'd love the Peugeot RCZ even if it was fitted with a dumper truck engine because it LOOKS so fantastic".
So therefore bigger better engines and stiffer antiroll bars ect ect do not really mean a thing, it's all down to looks for this particular car.

I would never say to someone, dont buy an RZC, because i think it is a good car, with stunning looks, and i dont regret buying it, but for me personaly it's just not going to be a long term relationship, but more of an on / off relationship i think ?

Ron, i'm not saying ALL Vauxhall dealers and their cars are fantastic, but all the Vauxhalls i've had and the Vauxhall dealers i've delt with have been great.

I think basicaly to sum up my feelings on MY RCZ is that i just love it's looks inside and out and it's features, i'm pleased with it's performance and handling, however i just feel thats it's losing it's "new feel" a bit too soon, the new car tightness and smoothness is disappearing far too soon for my me, and with just 800 miles on the clock !

Maybe it's because i've never had a "coupe" before and the drive is a bit different to all the other cars i've owned, i really find the hardness and road noise that comes through the cabin very hard to deal with, the noise that comes up from some types of tarmac surfaces is just ridiculous.
I was thinking about swapping all the tyres for a bigger profile :eusa-think:

A few mm on the profile may make all the difference and i will be in love again for ever and ever :dance: