What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

ignition coils

A

Anonymous

Apologies if this has been posted before but is there a simple test for your coil packs, I had a faulty one which had to go to Peugeot to tell me which one then cost me £45 to replace the coil and £40 + vat for the diagnostic. the same fault has reoccurred and rather than replace the other 3 I wondered if you can test them somehow yourself? However I have found a place (GSF ) who do the coils for £26 (as long as you order them online) is there anywhere cheaper out there? how often should these coli packs be replaced ?

Cheers

hanswuk

Reaction score
Coils on modern cars are often troublesome so I wouldn't recommend 'going cheap'. The units offered by GSF are Bosch and so should be fine.

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Had you considered the 'nuclear' option and just replace the lot?

I had a similar experience with a 306 once. Eventually I replaced all 4.

A

Anonymous

An obd2 reader like this http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/291016524822 together with the Torque app on a smartphone will allow you to read the error codes yourself. It should (assuming the error message is specific enough) tell you which coil/cylinder is misbehaving. Obviously I can't guarantee it'll work as it depends on how thoroughly the on board diagnostics record the error, but in theory it will work and it's pocket money to try.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk