What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

icy windows

A

Anonymous

Not that its happened yet but tis sure to anytime soon with the weather being soooooo cold. If we have that freezing rain will the window still be able to slide down the half an inch to allow me to open the door?

Did anyone have problems with this last winter?

A

Anonymous

Oh yes I did :thumbdown: Hardly surprising though with the winter of last year. This time I have purchased some Swissvax Seal Feed and am hoping to be able to treat all the rubber seals with it next weekend, which should help to avoid a re occurrence this winter. Would have done the job this weekend but recovering from a bad dose of man flu and felt far too lethargic to be bothered.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Wow, Ron that stuff is expensive.
I am a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" I can't get out of this mode of thinking. I will always buy the most expensive when offered a choice of products. It's just the way I am

RCZ1

Reaction score
Ron's right. It may be expensive but the bottle is getting to last forever so it will pay for itself in the long run. I've suggested Gummi fledge on another thread but I tried this and as soon as it rained I had black streak marks all down my paintwork. That was after I'd rubbed it down too. Wasn't impressed so threw it away. You do get what you pay for.

A

Anonymous

Just bumping this thread for the benefit of our newer members :wave:

A

Anonymous

A worthy bump and I'd be interested to see if anyone's aware of any decent alternatives other than the Gummi Pfledge. I still think this is awfully expensive and with another new tyre required I'm loathe to pay out that much on a product that I require so little of! :eek:

A

Anonymous

The 2 horrendously cold winters that l had the rcz with temperatures going down to as much as minus 17 at times l never had any problems with windows

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
A worthy bump and I'd be interested to see if anyone's aware of any decent alternatives other than the Gummi Pfledge. I still think this is awfully expensive and with another new tyre required I'm loathe to pay out that much on a product that I require so little of! :eek:

I use Teflon spray for squeaking doors in my household, and used it on my last car (which also had frame-less windows).

No problems at all, but we didn't get a lot of ice last winter....