What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

ice in parking sensors

A

Anonymous

gave my amber a quick wash today as she was filthy from the slushy roads it was minus 3 degrees. couple of miles down the road there was a contiuous sound i recon from the parking sensors. I think that water had frozen around them and caused a malfunction. so sprayed some window antifreeze in them and it was sorted.

A

Anonymous

Last night I was driving home through the first real blizzard I've seen since getting Freddie and the front sensors did NOT like it :lol: . The first bleep was fortunately when I was sitting at lights otherwise I would have wondered what I'd just hit :crazy: !!! And this morning all that snow was gone apart from a wee bit on the grass. We're fortunate to not be getting hit as hard as mainland UK.

A

Anonymous

Hi BangorRCZ, I always park with the nose of my car up to a wall. Using clutch control I creep until my sensor is showing 3 bars then stop. The sensors give me the exact same warning every time. However during our recent bad weather my front sensor has been giving me an earlier than usual warning on approaching a vehicle ahead, it was not snowing at the time. Have I discovered another hidden driver’s aid? :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Drove home in NI's first proper blizzard today. The parking sensors started to cheep as soon as i turned the ignition on, and went incessantly for the 20 mins it took my passenger to work out how to turn them off!

A

Anonymous

jrs, yes they are good for close parking but beware. after returning from main dealer mine were switched off by them for some reason. lucky i realised and didnt hit the wall. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A

Anonymous

bee said:
jrs, yes they are good for close parking but beware. after returning from main dealer mine were switched off by them for some reason. lucky i realised and didnt hit the wall. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I had to turn mine off on the way home tonight even though it was mostly wet snow and shouldn't have been causing a problem. The little orange light indicating that they've been de-activated should help make you realise they're off! Also used my front and rear fogs for the first time in the snow and love that switch and the iluminated display on the dial :D

A

Anonymous

oh, not tryed the fogs yet but will have a look tomorow