What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

I recently changed the thermostat (but used thermostat) and battery, now AC / Heater not working.

anandmongol

Reaction score
I recently changed the thermostat (but used thermostat) and Panasonic 60Amp battery, now AC / Heater not working (I think battery is highly unlikely the cause). I have 2010 AT THP 156.
So what I troubleshooted so far are;
  1. Run the engine for 20 mins while leaving open the coolant's tank's cap.
  2. Drove 70km with heater full blast on.
  3. Checked every fuse related to heating / AC / thermostat and seems fine.
  4. Engine temperature normalized on 90 deg.
I am getting error F72F air blower fault. I put the heater or AC to highest setting and seems there are no fan noise. And here in Mongolia, when I drove in -30 degree celsius and seems there are little bit of heat blowing to the front window and defrosting it. Other than that no heater nor AC. Please help.

P.S: I don't find any logic that thermostat faulty. Maybe I am wrong.

Last edited:

Pedro

Reaction score
Maybe the Air con sensor is faulty or there is not enough gas in the system ?

Pedro

Reaction score
Air lock? These systems need a long time to settle if a MD did it they leave them standing overnight to let any vacuum escape naturally mine took around 2 days of topping up before all the air discharged it will come out through the expansion bottle at its own pace

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Depending on which thermostat housing you’ve used you may need the updated sensor cable I know some of the minis are using this now.

anandmongol

Reaction score
Air lock? These systems need a long time to settle if a MD did it they leave them standing overnight to let any vacuum escape naturally mine took around 2 days of topping up before all the air discharged it will come out through the expansion bottle at its own pace
So basically I left the car with coolant bottle's cap open. Am I doing it right?

anandmongol

Reaction score
Depending on which thermostat housing you’ve used you may need the updated sensor cable I know some of the minis are using this now.
Actually I ordered the wrong (updated) thermostat with 4 pins on one socket, therefore I found the used thermostat which is exactly like original one which we took out. Is it possible to know whether thermostat is working correctly?

Pedro

Reaction score
Yes the Temp Gauge readings & the Air Con working correctly also the heater Fan/Blower giving out controlled hot & cold Air

anandmongol

Reaction score
Yes the Temp Gauge readings & the Air Con working correctly also the heater Fan/Blower giving out controlled hot & cold Air
I didn't get u. I meant to ask how to know whether the thermostat installed is faulty?

Pedro

Reaction score
If its the correct (new) Thermostat its not Faulty you may have other issues with the cooling/heater/Air con
I didn't get u. I meant to ask how to know whether the thermostat installed is faul
Faulty Thermostat means cooling fan continuously coming full on & Temp Gauge showing high Temp/Low & heater & Air con faulty if you cannot understand these faults I can't help you

anandmongol

Reaction score
If its the correct (new) Thermostat its not Faulty you may have other issues with the cooling/heater/Air con

Faulty Thermostat means cooling fan continuously coming full on & Temp Gauge showing high Temp/Low & heater & Air con faulty if you cannot understand these faults I can't help you
Thanks for the help