What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

I killed Bambi

A

Anonymous

what a great start to the week after coming back from holiday.

nothing i could do but a small deer ran out in front of me on the way to work and CRUNCH.

poor thing, and it's made a right mess of my front end.

all of the grill, new front bumper needed, and a mysterious leak from the driver side front corner... ideas?

hearing the stories on here I am now worried about the car being out of action for weeks and/or coming back with swirl scratches from a botched wash

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hear that :thumbdown: I know it can be pretty scary and shake you up a bit. I hit a cat once at 70mph and there was lots of fluff and guts wrapped around the front of my car.

Not sure what that leak could be though but hope you get it sorted soon.

VASS

Reaction score
I hit a deer in a Boxster once, so glad the roof was up as it split and threw green stuff all over the windscreen and roof (horrible)
lots of damage
sorry to hear your misfortune.

A

Anonymous

Eeeeeekkkkk! When I read the headline I had to take a quick glance to my left to reassure myself that Bambi was curled up in his usual napping spot (my cat). But poor Bambi deer and poor you, what a shock. I remember a cat running out in front of me once and I'd swear I'd gone over it but when I stopped to check there was nothing to find but it fairly got my heart racing, I can tell you (and probably gave the cat a heart attack!). Hope your RCZ is fixed soon.

A

Anonymous

well my car has now been towed off.

could be a while dependent on how much damage was done underneath, and how long any parts take to come out of Peugeot...

the accident and repair guy said my assessment of a buggered radiator (the water leak) was probably wrong. given the position he thinks it was simply a leak from the jet washers.

will be driving round in a little fiesta until she's fixed. i guess that's my sentence for killing poor Bambi (and no Bangor it was definitely not your cat!)

A

Anonymous

the frontal damage sound very much like i recently had on mine. new front grill and repaint to front bumper -work completed in a week- cost wait for it-----------------£1560.00

A

Anonymous

:eek: What a horrible experience to go through, really sorry mattjames355! I know it's devastating to see your pride & joy hurt so to speak, and we all feel very sad for poor Bambi. But I'm equally sure that we are all very happy that you have come through it 'physically' unscathed, after all, you're life is more important that poor Bambi or a piece of metal...allbeit a very beautiful piece of metal. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

mattjames355 said:
what a great start to the week after coming back from holiday.

nothing i could do but a small deer ran out in front of me on the way to work and CRUNCH.

poor thing, and it's made a right mess of my front end.

all of the grill, new front bumper needed, and a mysterious leak from the driver side front corner... ideas?

hearing the stories on here I am now worried about the car being out of action for weeks and/or coming back with swirl scratches from a botched wash

My RCZ has been off the road for two and a half weeks after I smashed my front end. I had mine towed away as well, as loads of fluid was leaking from the front end. I thought my radiator had gone as well. Turns out that it was only fluid from the front headlight washers. I also need a new front bumper and grille. Latest news on parts is that mine will arrive at the bodyshop on the 13th May. I believe that mine will be off the road for about four and a half weeks in total. :thumbdown:

It's not cheap either, front bumper moulding £1300 and new grille £452, plus paint and labour. I have specifically told the bodyshop not to wash my car, however due to the paint process etc they will have to at least give it a power wash. I've told them this is okay as long as no one goes near it with a sponge or cloth.

To make matters worse I have been given a 1.2 Vauxhall Aguila to drive. :evil:

A

Anonymous

am suffering massive withdrawal symptoms now.

all paintowrk has been done, and the replacement radiator and turbo inter-cooler have arrived from peugeot, but they are waiting on a washer pump. will be 2 to 3 more days from then.

unfortunately they have no ETA on the pump.

i miss my rcz. stupid, stupid fiesta.

A

Anonymous

On the upside you now have a freezer full of Venison, right? :dance:

A

Anonymous

I was supposed to get mine back today after four long and utterly miserable weeks. Looks like it will be next week now. :thumbdown:

I only had a front near side impact at about five miles an hour and I can't believe how long my RCZ has been off the road.

A

Anonymous

finally got my baby back yesterday.

steering feels heavier than i remember - but thats probably from driving a fiesta around for 3 weeks.

also, the top chrmoe part of the grill hasn't been replaced. apparently it was packaged wrongly by peugeot. the bodyshop claimed it was a recall with peugeot and they didnt know when they would get a replacement in.

anyone know about this?

A

Anonymous

Glad to hear u got it back- I nearly killed bambi's friend the other night! The stupid thing ran out in front- the guy behind me got a wee fright when i braked! The deer then proceeded to run up the side of my car and then run back in front of it!!!