What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

I can't stand the stress ! 😁

Pedro

Reaction score
I finally caved in & fitted a brand spanking new fuel pump after the ECU would not stop moaning at me !! Stripped it out whilst It was sunny & once battery was lifted I found deposits of Sulfation ( caused by lead acid deposits) in the bolt recesses so I assume at some stage before I bought the car the previous owner had a battery issue & I know this can happen if the car is only doing short runs apparently so scraped it all out & hoovered up the crap & sprayed some grease around the bolt heads to stop any more corrosion then fitted new pump & took it for a spin all seem OK 🙂
I then stripped down the old pump & inside the fuel inlet ports on the valve there are rubber O rings which I think help regulate the fuel trim pressure going from the pump therefore I will be fitting new rings & keeping the pump as a spare & reminder of how expensive a new one costs which just goes to just show how easy it may have been to just repair it myself ?

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
I finally caved in & fitted a brand spanking new fuel pump after the ECU would not stop moaning at me !! Stripped it out whilst It was sunny & once battery was lifted I found deposits of Sulfation ( caused by lead acid deposits) in the bolt recesses so I assume at some stage before I bought the car the previous owner had a battery issue & I know this can happen if the car is only doing short runs apparently so scraped it all out & hoovered up the crap & sprayed some grease around the bolt heads to stop any more corrosion then fitted new pump & took it for a spin all seem OK 🙂
I then stripped down the old pump & inside the fuel inlet ports on the valve there are rubber O rings which I think help regulate the fuel trim pressure going from the pump therefore I will be fitting new rings & keeping the pump as a spare & reminder of how expensive a new one costs which just goes to just show how easy it may have been to just repair it myself ?
I’ve heard that’s exactly what wears the Rubber O rings, if easily repaired that would bring the cost of new pumps down considerably. Hope it works 👍

Pedro

Reaction score
Thanks lets hope so I found this out by chance as my Niece has a 207 GT & her fella did the seals & it apparently cured the fault so fingers crossed 😉

thornebt

Reaction score
I believe you will need to add some hydraulic oil to the pump. Do you know how much or which grade of oil? Cheers. Bruce.

Pedro

Reaction score
I will post some picks to show what I stripped from the pump but when I took out the valve where the seals were it leaked fuel so this must be the furl pressure inlet chamber ? I will need to do some digging to see if it possible to completely dismantle the whole pump (worth a look ?) Thanks for the info Bruce 👍👍

Pedro

Reaction score
Fuel inlet valve seals

Attachments

• 000_0040.JPG
    000_0040.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 000_0042.JPG
    000_0042.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 000_0043.JPG
    000_0043.JPG