What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Humming or hunting?

Pedro

Reaction score
I recently changed the HPFP on the 200 GT & noticed there appears to be a Humming sound (up & down tempo) from the engine? I always wait for the oil pressure to build up before I set off but it has never made this noise before I swapped the pump & Its got no faults thrown up & runs fine but it has me thinking the engine could be hunting for a timing parameter which is very odd as the tensioner was changed & chain does cry in very cold weather but why its suddenly begun to hum a tune is very strange unless there could be a lazy coil pack/packs on the horizon but at 43.549 mls I could be wrong as according to some expert websites? the coil packs should last the life of the car! 👀😐

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I had a coil pack go just before Christmas. I had all 4 replaced along with all 4 plugs. Mine had done @ 47k