What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

HPFP

Scotty2Hotty

Reaction score
Car has been stuttering under acceleration occasionally and misfiring from cold. Was hoping it was a ignition coil but got the dreaded P0087 code this morning on the way to a service.

This was the reading from cold. Is it likely to be the HPFP or could it be something like the in tank fuel pump?

What sort of costs am I looking at?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-09-08-14-41-29-145_org.prowl.torque.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-09-08-14-41-29-145_org.prowl.torque.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 3

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Almost certainly the HPFP. I had exactly the same issues @ 8 years ago. Had the coil packs all replaced, and the plugs changed. Problems persisted, HPFP replaced (thankfully under warranty) I think they said @ £800 but as they were doing it under warranty they would charge Peugeot as much as they could get away with I suppose.
Car is now 10 years old & not had any problems since 🤞

Pedro

Reaction score
Car has been stuttering under acceleration occasionally and misfiring from cold. Was hoping it was a ignition coil but got the dreaded P0087 code this morning on the way to a service.

This was the reading from cold. Is it likely to be the HPFP or could it be something like the in tank fuel pump?

What sort of costs am I looking at?

Thanks
Mike on ebay does a full refurb & a massive saving on buying a new unit also very quick turnaround I've spoken to him as he bought my old pump after I had to buy new as he didn't have one in stock for the 200 but he's a straight up guy with good result's

Kerr

Reaction score
I've been running a refurbished HPFP from Mike in my R for probably around two years now. No issues and the service was good.