What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

HPFP much cheaper than Garage!!! (High pressure fuel pump)

RoCZy

Reaction score
That’s great, thanks for getting back to me. It’s good to know that a thread this old is still helping owners!

RoCZy

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am posting this thread for anyone who may have the dreaded HPFP replacement needed (I believe it is code P0087 but not certain please ask someone who knows a bit better than me). I have recently had this done for a total of £235.00. This is much cheaper than the usual quotes you will get from garages which can be £700.00 plus. What I done was paid a mobile mechanic who charged me £40 per hour to take it out for me. I have attached the video below it was not complicated at all for anyone who knows their way around a car. Then sent it to be refurbished using the eBay service linked below. I sent it with tracked 24 and had it returned with special delivery before 1pm at an extra £5 cost. The service itself is done on the day of arrival and is sent back to you within 24 hours of delivery. Then I paid the mechanic £40 to put it back in for me. Now it may cost you a little more as the mechanic is a friend of a friend so you have to pay £60.00 an hour. But even still it is a significant saving. Since I had it done the car has been running like a dream with no EML. Power is restored and I could not be happier. I will keep this thread updated if the pumps fails again so we can see how good the recondition service is and how long it lasts. It was replaced at 103,350 miles. I am mainly posting this for anyone new as I am sure the veterans of the forum are aware of this already.

Cheers Bob

Peugeot rcz high pressure fuel pump removal video.

Link for eBay service.

Thanks for posting this video, witout it I'd probably have probably left it for the garage to do! It had been there twicwe and they never got beyond plugs and coils, and when I bought a cheap OBD readr I got code P0087. As I had to rumage around looking for an answer I thought I may as well do the job myself. All done today with an exchange unit from Mike and although I have had a light test drive it feels so much better, even from when it was recently running without a warning light on.
Thanks again.