What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How to Remove/Replace Window

Mr Z

Reaction score
Mr Z, my advice sounded a bit confusing, I assume that is the drivers door in the picture?
so you have removed the bolt which you need to do, then on the rear of that bracket which you can’t see, moulded into the white plastic is a 5 pence piece sized indent which you prise away from the glass whilst lifting the glass out of the door, dont forget the front bracket just clamps the glass, another 10mm bolt
Just want to thank you for your help. Got the window out and regulator sent away for repair.

Thanks again

Giraffehouse

Reaction score
hi, one of the clips, the one nearest the door handle is held on with a plastic clip, from behind, you need to carefully prise it away from the glass with your fingers or a plastic trim tool and lift the glass out, the 10mm bolt goes through the glass(there is a hole in the glass).
it will make sense when you see it, there is a guy on eBay who repairs the regulator, excellent service, I’ve used him a few times
My passenger side window is stuck immovable two inches from the top - currently gaffered shut. It's either a broken wire of a new motor or regulator needed. Before attempting this repair, two questions:
1) Assuming I need to remove the glass to change the regulator or motor, if the window is immovable, am I going to be able to get the bolt that goes through the window out, as I note you have to move it to a particular position before removing it? Can the window be moved without the motor working?
2) You mention an eBay repairer. Any chance you could drop a link?

Thanks muchly
Dd

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
If you take off the tape and tum the power off with the keys out remove the switch and unplug the wire block then plug it back in. Then put key back in and tum on power with the doors closed reach over to see if switch working.. If this doesn't work try the same to drivers door if nothing happens it's down to the regulator

2012RCZ2.0HDI

Reaction score
My son just replaced the drivers side regulator for me, sent the old mechanism to guy on EBay who refurbed it for me and sent it back. Took about 5 days from posting to recieving the part back. Appears to be a good job everything’s working well. He did give a tip when reinstalling the new window which reset mine back to working I.e.

the window cannot be reset with the door open. Snap the door locking mechanism to closed with the door open. Wind the window to the bottom position, then wind to the top keeping your finger on the button for 10 seconds, you should hear a click. Open your door mechanism, wind the window to the bottom then top, then close the door, everything should now work.

I had to do this twice then hey presto the window started working as designed.

If you need any clarity please come back to me.

regards

2012RCZ2.0HDI

Reaction score
From my experience the fact the window regulator has gone should be evident if you are able to manually pull the window up and down, this indicates the cable has snapped. It was around £300 from the stealer, refurbed for £85 including P&P on ebay

tomflek

Reaction score
Hello there!

So today my driver side window broke down, it started first make crackling noise and only opened like 30% and didn’t go fully down and now I tried to lower and finally good cracking sound and I heard some small sounding parts dropping down inside door, then i tried to put it up back and only I hear some quite horrifying window motor sounds so I let it be, window is now floating without any support from that window mechanism, I have to use my hands to rise window back up and if I push it down it will just slide down, so I guess window motor mechanism still works but where that window is attached to that motor, something broke from there, some plastic parts that hold the window? So should I open it up like this post shows, and see what has happened? How about that styrofoam thing that is in front of that window mechanism, is it really just some styrofoam which is glued to door?? Does that styrofoam isolate all the water so it doesn’t get inside the electronics etc or what it’s purpose is? And can I remove it gently so I can put it back then as it was without any necessary glueing it back etc? Or should I just take it to local peugeot dealer so they can fix it, assuming that I most likely won’t be able to fix it or is there chance that it could be something small that I could fix it?

Last edited: