What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How to Remove/Replace Window

A

Anonymous

The majority of the first part to this process has already been provided by reycz95 in his "Access door speakers" thread as the sequence to remove door trim is taken from that thread.

1. Remove plastic triangular interior trim in top corner, its clipped in so can be removed using a screw driver

2. Remove door surround trim, again its only clipped in so pry out using a screwdriver

3. Remove door handle surround, again also clipped in so remove using screwdriver, and gradually move along the length of the handle to un-clip

4. With handle surround un-clipped, remove torx screws in the locations shown in red circle

5. Remove the window console button surround

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 5,337
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 5,312
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 5,315
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 5,321
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 5,321
A

Anonymous

How to Remove/Replace Window (Part2)

5. Pull window button console up and remove all connectors

7. Move towards the bottom of the door and remove the 2 torx screws securing the bottom of trim to door frame

8. The door trim can then be removed, place screwdriver in bottom corner and gradually pull the door trim away moving around the door, its clipped in so will come free, Once free disconnect the light at the bottom of the trim.

9. Picture showing interior door trim removed, with access to speakers

10. Remove the polystyrene door card to get access to the window, its sealed on so will need to be careful removing it. As I was in a hurry I cut through the card with a knife to save some time.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 5,300
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 5,276
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 5,284
  • 8a.jpg
    8a.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 5,305
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 5,306
A

Anonymous

How to Remove/Replace Window (Part3)

Remove this bolt using a 10mm spanner, there is a hole in the window on this side where the bolt passes through. The window sits between two clips which are pushed together by this bolt.

Next part is a little tricky, to remove the other bolt you have to adjust the window such that the second bolt aligns with this hole circled in red. Do to this you need to re-connect the window console button (just the yellow clip would do) and then wind the window down until the bolt aligns with the hole in the door frame for access.

Remove this bolt using a 10mm rachet and then the window can be lifted upwards and out the car. In replacing the new window I found it easier to wind the window right to the top first and then slot the new window in, tighten the first 10mm bolt and then wind the window down to get to second bolt to align with the hole in the door frame and then tighten that up.

Then just put everything back together, will need a new polystyrene door card when you can seal back on using silicone and then re-clip and screw everything back together.

Attachments

• 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 5,248
  • 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 5,249
A

Anonymous

Re: How to Remove/Replace Window (Part1)

All posts merged into one thread. Excellent and very informative. Thank you!

A

Anonymous

Sort of.. but who does this really?A most informative post though.

XeviouS

Reaction score
Excellent post! I have been wanting to take a look behind the door trimming to asses a speaker upgrade....now i wont be so nervous damaging the interior to do so..so thanks!

stagger321

Reaction score
XeviouS said:
Excellent post! I have been wanting to take a look behind the door trimming to asses a speaker upgrade....now i wont be so nervous damaging the interior to do so..so thanks!
.....What he said. :thumbup:

Does that answer your question, wrapper?
No need to remove the window for me - but the rest of this is very relevant/useful. :dance:

BTW, where on earth do you get one of those door handle covers from. The prev owner and/or his wife obvioulsy liked some bling as the drivers door handle cover is a tad tatty where I assume gold rings have cut into the plastic coating of the ally cover.

reycz95

Reaction score
it's nice to see that we pumped my photos

Jules_inda_house

Reaction score
I'm really grateful for this post, even though I only want to change a dodgy speaker, it's really reassuring to see how to remove the door panel without damaging anything.

jlt206

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a broken cable and am trying to find a replacement or, a repair kit for the Left side. Is it the same as another Peugeot as I'm having trouble locating one except at a dealer?

Thanks!

reycz95

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a broken cable and am trying to find a replacement or, a repair kit for the Left side. Is it the same as another Peugeot as I'm having trouble locating one except at a dealer?

Thanks!
what cable are you talking about?

reycz95

Reaction score
ha bad translation, you were talking about the steel cable which allows movement of the glass. sorry

jlt206

Reaction score
In the end, I just bit the bullet and went to the local Peugeot Dealer for the parts, as the cable had broken and damged the plastic wheels beyond repair. Not a cheap exercise, but I had tried to order the parts from an online supplier and they sent completely the wrong part.

Mr Z

Reaction score
Hi I have been following this guide to try and remove my window regulator however despite having taken the 2 10mm bolts off I still can't remove the window. It's like it's stuck is there more clips?

Attachments

• 20230615_195642.jpg
    20230615_195642.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 34

Charlie1875

Reaction score
hi, one of the clips, the one nearest the door handle is held on with a plastic clip, from behind, you need to carefully prise it away from the glass with your fingers or a plastic trim tool and lift the glass out, the 10mm bolt goes through the glass(there is a hole in the glass).
it will make sense when you see it, there is a guy on eBay who repairs the regulator, excellent service, I’ve used him a few times

Mr Z

Reaction score
hi, one of the clips, the one nearest the door handle is held on with a plastic clip, from behind, you need to carefully prise it away from the glass with your fingers or a plastic trim tool and lift the glass out, the 10mm bolt goes through the glass(there is a hole in the glass).
it will make sense when you see it, there is a guy on eBay who repairs the regulator, excellent service, I’ve used him a few times
Thanks Charlie. I didn't feel any clips last night but will look again this morning. Do you mean a clip behind the metal bit showing in my pic? Like I've taken the screw out from there already

Charlie1875

Reaction score
Mr Z, my advice sounded a bit confusing, I assume that is the drivers door in the picture?
so you have removed the bolt which you need to do, then on the rear of that bracket which you can’t see, moulded into the white plastic is a 5 pence piece sized indent which you prise away from the glass whilst lifting the glass out of the door, dont forget the front bracket just clamps the glass, another 10mm bolt

Mr Z

Reaction score
Mr Z, my advice sounded a bit confusing, I assume that is the drivers door in the picture?
so you have removed the bolt which you need to do, then on the rear of that bracket which you can’t see, moulded into the white plastic is a 5 pence piece sized indent which you prise away from the glass whilst lifting the glass out of the door, dont forget the front bracket just clamps the glass, another 10mm bolt
Hi Charlie thanks, yes it's the drivers door. I had already undone the front bracket but hadn't seen the plastic clamp at the rear. I won't get a chance to look at the car till about 12 today, hopefully I can get the regulator out easily and sent away for repair.