What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How much is your insurance?

A

Anonymous

Just wondering how much your insurance is?

I am 20 nearly 21 and my insurance is around £1200 a year :x :x :x

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, 52 years young and £150 fully comp protected no claims!!! Cheap motoring when your an old dude! :beer:
Anyway 20 years old and driving a Z you lucky sod! :lol: I was driving an Austin allegro! (Google it) :lol: :lol:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I also pay @£150 protected fully comp. but I remember when I was 19, I had the chance to get a Mini Cooper S for £800. If I could get the right price for my Mini, I could maybe just about afford it. I thought I should just check on insurance before committing. After phoning @ 20 insurance companies, I finally found one that would insure me, they wanted £1200 :shock: :eek:

Needless to say, I kept my Mini 1000 :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Well I do work full time as a Service Manager. But that was instead of going to university as I did an apprenticeship!

I am not looking forward to my renewal I think I may cry a little :(

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
oliver123 said:
Well I do work full time as a Service Manager. But that was instead of going to university as I did an apprenticeship!

I am not looking forward to my renewal I think I may cry a little :(
Service manager? Car service manager? Do we get mates rates? :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

About £280ish on the R which is cheaper than my 308 2ltr HDi

Reaction score
Hi,
When your policy is due for renewal please feel free to give us a try.
Regards,
Dan.

A

Anonymous

I'm 32 4 years no claim bonus driving since I was 17 and currently with admiral. They are charging me £620 fully comp including key cover and legal protection. Please can any one advise of better quotes I could get and Wear from also does anyone have tyre and alloy cover is it worth it and who from?
Thanks for your help.
Sarah

2retro

Reaction score
www.comparethemarket.com

Stick your details in and see if Admiral come up with the same price. If they're cheaper on here ring them, ask why and tell them to match their online 'new customer' price. Or, if another company is miles cheaper, switch to them instead.

And don't forget the free Batman meerkat toy of course! :clap:

RCZash

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Hi, 52 years young and £150 fully comp protected no claims!!! Cheap motoring when your an old dude! :beer:
Anyway 20 years old and driving a Z you lucky sod! :lol: I was driving an Austin allegro! (Google it) :lol: :lol:

Hi I`m an old dude, young at heart. Cheapest quote for all singing and dancing policy is £224.02. ouch. They say insurance has gone up twice this year, this from my usual insurer who quoted £266.99. Double ouch. :shock:

tianorth

Reaction score
Try all the comparison sites Gocompare.com, comparethemarket.com, confused.com, Moneysupermarket.com.

Make sure you check all the details with the insurance company as not all details you put in are moved across to the insurance company.

Unfortunately it has to do with your address and how much of a risk it is, along with driving habits and history.

They will rip you off any way they can - and as they know you need it to be lawful they are not too keen on helping the motorist keep costs down.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
So, my insurance is up for renewal in 2 weeks. I have had no claims, nothing has changed, yet my renewal quote has rocketed up to £286 :wtf: :shock: :crazy: :helpme: :thumbdown:

I tried all the comparison sites and got it down to £224 on money supermarket (they were a bit cheaper than compare the meerkat)

I then tried Direct Line, who I have used before, they came up with £208 with just £150 total XS. Still an increase on last year, :thumbdown: but a lot better than the renewal. :thumbup: :dance:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
So, my insurance is up for renewal in 2 weeks. I have had no claims, nothing has changed, yet my renewal quote has rocketed up to £286 :wtf: :shock: :crazy: :helpme: :thumbdown:

I tried all the comparison sites and got it down to £224 on money supermarket (they were a bit cheaper than compare the meerkat)

I then tried Direct Line, who I have used before, they came up with £208 with just £150 total XS. Still an increase on last year, :thumbdown: but a lot better than the renewal. :thumbup: :dance:

Could be something to do with living in Royston! :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Only joking Pete, but the post code where you live can make a big difference to your premium. :beer:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Wow! Admiral have just come up with £365 :shock: :wtf: always looking out for the customer :lol: