What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How many shades of Pearl White?

A

Anonymous

I would be interested if owners of Pearlescent White RCZ's would let me know if mine is unique. I have at least three shades of white quite clearly distinguishable.
!. Main body of car
2. Front panel (encompassing badge), Rear spoiler and both side panels that run beneath the doors to wheel arch below strap line. All of these appear to be plastic panels
3. The panel housing the door Shut (the panel adjacent to the seat back)

No. 1 is as one would expect, 2, a milkier version and 3, is brilliant white.

I didn't notice any colour differences on the previous one. So anybody able to comment on their pearls would be appreciated.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Hi Ron

I've got quite a bad problem with mine. The paint seems to be running in places and not very smooth. I think it's a problem that should be highlighted with Peugeot UK. :eusa-whistle:

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x164 ... medrcz.jpg

I

Seriously, I have noticed that the panel that runs right along the bottom of the car at the side is very slightly different, but only in certain lights. Not noticed any difference with the other parts you mention but then they are all plastic, I believe. The door shuts are normally slightly different as it's thinner paint in that area. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Once you have Glynn detail it, I'm sure you won't notice it. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Ron i know we have had a bit of banter on the Pearl V Opal thing, but in all honesty i do not think you should be seeing a difference in panel colour, yes the pearlescent paint does give off a shimmer look but not a total different colour from one panel to the next ?

Go back to the dealers and try parking up next to another Pearl.

With a new car dont let it go too long before you speak to your dealer.

A

Anonymous

Just looked at that pic :lol: :lol:

Your getting as mad as me .

A

Anonymous

I had a 308CC in Pearl White and only variation I saw was between the plastic wings and the metal doors.

I don't think Pearl White is a great colour - not exactly white. Even less great considering what it costs.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Derek said:
I had a 308CC in Pearl White and only variation I saw was between the plastic wings and the metal doors.

I don't think Pearl White is a great colour - not exactly white. Even less great considering what it costs.

No its not white, its pearl white - which makes it different from all the standard whites that are around. You get nice pearlescent / flake pop and its more reflective than normal whites - so we win on every front :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

OK guys to (try to) keep everyone happy I have moved a copy of this thread in its entirety to general chat how-many-shades-pearl-white-t2496.html so you can continue contributing there. Please feel free to contribute here on topic only.

As you can see the thread has in excess of 3 pages of banter. Just to clarify this forum has no problem with banter, it does make it a better place, but when so many threads go off topic, it really does need to go to the general chat, which is the reason for its existence.

As for everyones opinions, that is what the forum is built on, but if your opinion does not contribute to the thread (as per title), just start a new post in the relevant forum.
Remember, these posts will be here in years to come, and people searching this forum for information shouldn't have to sort through so many unrelated/off subject post.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Ron i know we have had a bit of banter on the Pearl V Opal thing, but in all honesty i do not think you should be seeing a difference in panel colour, yes the pearlescent paint does give off a shimmer look but not a total different colour from one panel to the next ?

Go back to the dealers and try parking up next to another Pearl.

With a new car dont let it go too long before you speak to your dealer.

Pearl colour gets darker the more you put on!

A

Anonymous

I not sure that it is colour related. I think that this is a simple case of different panels being painted at different locations using different batches of paint. I did not see any differences in colour on the previous Pearl White that I had, nor can RCZ1 see any in her Pearl White. As stated it's not a major issue to me as the remedy to cure it would be worse than the symptom. I only asked to see if it was a widespread problem. It doesn't appear to be so.

A

Anonymous

Re: How many shades of Pearl White? - banter thread!

Havent been on line for a while.Mine white pearl too.Strange but only last week noticed whilst washing the car that the cills now look slightly creamier than the doors.Other panels seem ok.Will visit the dealer. :idea: Perhaps the side stickers from the feline pack might disguise it.Will press them to fit FOC.!

A

Anonymous

Re: How many shades of Pearl White? - banter thread!

Strange ,

Ron and some otheres have also had issues with some panels not matching on their Pearls.

I wouldnt hide it with feline stickers, why should you ? what happens if the yellowing starts to appear on other panels like the spoiler or bumpers, as it sounds like its affecting plastic panels only.

Pearlescent will give an illusion of varying shades but if your looking at two seperate panels from the same angle they should appear the same colour.

A

Anonymous

Picked up my pearl White Friday, spent yesterday washing it (probably unnecessary, but its all RCZ 1s fault, if she hadnt posted those guides id be fine)! Anyway, mine all appears to be the same colour on each panel, no noticeable difference at all. Dont settle for it, make sure you complain and get something done.

A

Anonymous

Wiggers said:
Picked up my pearl White Friday, spent yesterday washing it (probably unnecessary, but its all RCZ 1s fault, if she hadnt posted those guides id be fine)! Anyway, mine all appears to be the same colour on each panel, no noticeable difference at all. Dont settle for it, make sure you complain and get something done.
Wiggers
RCZ1 at the time I posed this question, stated that her Pearl was all the same colour. Let me tell you it ain't. She hadn't noticed until I pointed it out to her. Granted mine is much more noticeable. I love it and I don't expect they would improve the colour match if they tried. So like most things I just put up with it.
A bit like when the tyre man chipped my alloy wheel (the only marks on them) I knew that if I complained that I'd get the usual reply "not us gov" so again... I just put with it.
Few people take a pride in their work anymore :thumbdown: "it's just a job" "it pays the bills" is the attitude sadly. :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Ron, you need to watch that chip, it may only be small but there is a good chance that in a few weeks you will notice corrosion/bubbling underneath the laquer and will then wish you had done something about it. This happened to me on my last but one BMW and it cost me when it should not have.

A

Anonymous

Weighing in on the Pearl - front bumper and rear spoiler wing are different shades to the body panels. Only noticed this after polishing the car. Of course, after detailing the car I'm getting more sensitive to small variations in the car's finish. Pearl is driving me insane now ... Maybe I'll get a black paintjob next

RCZ1

Reaction score
I think as has been stated previously that there may be slight differences in colour on the plastic parts, but they only really come to light in certain lights and only if you really examine it. As Ron said, he did point out a small difference in the rear spoiler on mine and that's despite me checking over the car carefully previously. Having said that Ron's has a considerably noticeable difference on his rear spoiler. I would suggest that it won't just be confined to pearl white either :eusa-think: