What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

how many owner's would do the rcz again - Poll added!

Who would buy another RCZ?

• Yes

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Only if improvements are made

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Re: how many owner's would do the rcz again

No I don't remember. I am not into cars by any stretch of the imagination. I choose a car on looks, then economy, followed by features and finally handling. This is my first ever Pug which is probably why they all look alike to me when travelling towards me. Sorry I am a bit of a philistine I know[/quote]

Not a phiistine in the least,you love the Rcz on it's look's and economy,i am in full agreement with your comments,my insurance is low,economy from the 200(THP) is top end of 30s sometimes early 40s :thumbup: no moans whatsoever,but i delve deeper into area's such as handling,negative feel of steering and my 200 has the crudes't damping i can experience from perhaps the Scoobie i had a few years back,the chassis on the Rcz is superb it just needs that fine tuning so the driver has a more positive feel between him and the road below.Will not bore you with other issues as it's all on the forum :sleeping-yellow:

Another hint,i would not recommend attempting to outsprint the competition not that i do much of that nowday's (mid range to top end),the Rcz has the best gearing ratio i have seen for some time but sadly the grunt of the engine will in most case make you second best :eusa-shhh: all down to cubic capacity,unless you contact Superchips who will deliver 230bhp if needed :thumbup:

t110jim

Reaction score

Firstly let me answer the question would I buy another RCZ , yes I would I find it stylish comfortable and economical quick but not fast (the speed limit is 70mph after all) it does everything I would want of a road car. It does what a Coupe should do. I feel Peugeot should be applauded for actually making the car a reality, and yes most new models suffer from teething problems of some kind or another.
The forum I find it a great place for useful information and tips about the RCZ and various aspects about problems and tips for caring about your car. There are a lot of helpful and informative people who share a common interest, most appear friendly.It is also good that there is an evolvement from Peugeot. Unfortunately there are a few people who appear to have bought or leased themselves the wrong car(or type of car ) this is evident by their posts, So for those of us who are enjoying our purchase and the general good banter of the forum don’t let them wind you up

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
OO58RON said:
jactac
It has been said before, but at the risk of boring others...... drive the damn car!!!! If you did then you WOULD know that it's like it's on rails. It is amazing, I ain't no racing driver but believe you me, I can sure as hell give the boy racers a run for their money in Pearl2. She wipes the floor with them on cornering and ain't slow off the blocks on the straight and she's a deisel!
I have never had a car that gives more pleasure than Pearl2. She is forgiving, fast and great great fun to own and DRIVE. But if you insist on just looking at your awful opal then at least admit that evan though she wears the wrong colour coat she has an amazing figure underneath it

"boy racers" cars correct me if am wrong but you paid the best part £33,000 for your RCZ thats Golf gti 35edition Golf/scirroco R territory all of which would laugh at a rcz and are just as scarce on the road as well.as would a RS Focus which is in the price you paid for the rcz all are "boy racers cars" and for a grand more than you paid your unique rcz you could have had "Audi A4 S4" or even a "audi S3"

My lastcar a civic fn2 with only 198bhp would run rings round any rcz especially on a b road

Jassy all very good points indeed, £33000 for an RCZ is absolutly ridiculous, ok a lot of that is down to the MISH MASH of extras that Ron threw at the car and they stuck, but WOW thirty odd grand for a Peugeot, that sales fella must still be walking with a limp and a grin from ear to ear :lol:

I keep getting told to get in the car and give it some welly, drive into the corners like a "boy racer" , well i'm sorry but i did all that years ago, and to be honest how i'm still here now is more luck than judgement, and as i've repeatedly said i'm more into the style, looks, comfort and quality of a car, than how it reacts in corners or if it drives like it is on rails, that style of driving is just not me. :thumbdown:

The RCZ has my first two wants & needs that i look for in a car by the bucket loads but simply fails on later two. IMO.

Driving like a bat out of hell or in my case NOT, has nothing to do with how i feel about the RZC.

A

Anonymous

t110jim said:
Firstly let me answer the question would I buy another RCZ , yes I would I find it stylish comfortable and economical quick but not fast (the speed limit is 70mph after all) it does everything I would want of a road car. It does what a Coupe should do. I feel Peugeot should be applauded for actually making the car a reality, and yes most new models suffer from teething problems of some kind or another.
The forum I find it a great place for useful information and tips about the RCZ and various aspects about problems and tips for caring about your car. There are a lot of helpful and informative people who share a common interest, most appear friendly.It is also good that there is an evolvement from Peugeot. Unfortunately there are a few people who appear to have bought or leased themselves the wrong car(or type of car ) this is evident by their posts, So for those of us who are enjoying our purchase and the general good banter of the forum don’t let them wind you up

You make excellent points and put them across well. It has long been my opinion that many of the gripes with this car come from people who seem to be looking for things other than what a main stream car is designed to deliver.
I hear that this or that is not good enough for track days for example. Well so what? The car is build for normal roads not tracks. Buy a car and modify so that it is fit for purpose but why buy or lease a car and moan on about it.
I also have little sympathy for people who have bought the wrong car. They surely test drove it? They considered will it give me what I'm looking for in a car? So if they managed to screw that part up. Can we rely on their judgement when they are preaching about it's alleged faults?

A

Anonymous

Surely though a test drive only gives you a feel for the car !
Quality and other issues are found later when you become an actual owner of the car and putting some miles on the clock, it is then that you find the real car that you have purchased.

As for getting wound up by banter from certain members, i would agree DONT let banter between members get to you, because once that happens then perhaps it's time to say goodbye, it is just banter, nothing malicious, nothing personal, if people dish it then they have to take a bit back, it a bit of fun in this so serious world !!

Yes enjoy your purchase and if you feel the need to let of a bit of steam you should do so, and always feel free to join in any banter, after all its nothing personal. However if you think that banter between consenting members is not for you then dont join in, it's a simple system really . :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

We need a vote on this :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

well said ron, but i recon your next will bee amber red, you know it make sense.

A

Anonymous

vote for what my friend i got my rcz because i lusted after its looks i said to my girlfriend i needed one of them :cool: i got my rcz when i was unemployed its true and didnt even test drive it my son arranged a test drive prior to leasing this car but i couldnt make it due to circumstances (he is a car salesman)i wish i had test drove it,the rcz pulls you in like a stunning sexy not too intelligent female but after a while you see her for what she is a superfiscial female with no long term enduring quality features the ifatuation dissapears very quickly,as i have said i am going to change it after the winter for what i dont know but i will,the rcz will get more popular and its rarity value will decrease i have a run of the mill 156bhp gt (leased) i really dont wish to demean this car i just wish it drove a bit better,i drove a 155bhp abarth punto 2 years ago it was a real nice drive with nice sharp steering very positive indeed but it was a fiat /ABARTH EVEN MORE RARE THAN AN A RCZ.my assumption was the pugeot had the same idea make the rcz that bit sharper to drive but sadly not they stuck with the 308 gti 200 thp that they have in europe but re-shelled it with this very entoxicating looking body shell well done peugeot :beer:

1. build quality very good as its built in austria the same plant aston build there rapide in(NEVER BUY A NEW CAR MODEL IN ITS FIRST 6 MONTHS OF PRODUCTION YOUR ASKING FOR ERRATIC QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES
2.stunning looks.
3.GREAT SPEC IN GT
4.IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT SPEC THE EXTERIOR AS FAR AWAY FROM STANDARD SPEC AS YOU CAN TO MAKE IT UNIQUE.
5.STAY AWAY FROM THE 4 PORT EXHAUST SYSTEM AS WHEN A MINI COOPER "S" FLY'S PAST YOU WITH ONLY A 2 PORT EXHAUST "SHEEP IN WOLF'S CLOTHING".
6.DONT SET DRIVING EXPECTATIONS TOO HIGH

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
jassyo06 said:
7WOULD YOU DO IT again

Definitely YES

When I looked for a new car I searched the market. RCZ was the only car that fit the picture perfectly.

Coupe: Yes
Diesel: Yes

Under 32 000€ and all options I wanted. Even more than I wished but hey, I'm not complaining.

After 15000km I'm still driving her with a big smile, and the smile get even better when you see other people looking. :cool: :cool: :cool:
Last week a bloke in a Odi S5 past me on the highway and I saw the lady in the passengerseat almost breaking her neck while "drooling" on my eRCeeZet. :cool: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just like my 1991 Peugeot 309 gti16 this car is a stayer. :cool: Great looks (long time ago that Peugeot build a good looking car) Great handling (almost as good as the 309).

A

Anonymous

We would absolutely get another RCZ...YES, YES, YES!

We've done 9,000 completely trouble free miles. Totally adore this car, but would'nt get Black again as it shows too many streaks in the sun. We've got 2 other black cars & don't have quite this issue. Would get Pearl next time.

I have always been interested in cars (odd for a woman maybe), but now I only have eyes for this baby. I love it with all my heart!!!

To sum up, it's FUN, FUN, FUN!!! :D

RCZ1

Reaction score
halfGT163 said:
We would absolutely get another RCZ...YES, YES, YES!

We've done 9,000 completely trouble free miles. Totally adore this car, but would'nt get Black again as it shows too many streaks in the sun. We've got 2 other black cars & don't have quite this issue. Would get Pearl next time.

I have always been interested in cars (odd for a woman maybe), but now I only have eyes for this baby. I love it with all my heart!!!

To sum up, it's FUN, FUN, FUN!!! :D

Black cars do look great when they've just nicely been detailed but the trouble is they soon show the dust. However, due to t110jim ad his recommendation, Wolf's Chemicals Body Wrap really does seem to live up to it's claims that it shuns the dirt. It really does seem to stay cleaner for longer. Which can't be a bad thing in my book :thumbup: Pearl White really is a gorgeous colour and being White it doesn't show the dust up either :D

Great to see that others are enjoying their RCZs to the full and getting the most out of them. You are right it IS a fun car to drive, even when you stay within the speed limits :lol:

Nice to see I'm not the only one woman here who takes a pride in her car. There aren't many of us about, but who cares, we can enjoy a nice car just the same as any man, if not more :beer:

A

Anonymous

Yes I would. I have only just hit 2000m in it since May as I bought it as a toy on a whim.

Apart from a couple of minor glitches and the damn high clutch pedal I really like the car (200GT). It goes well enough although not blindingly quick. Economical enough, although if I did not drive it like I stole it I might get better mpg....

I bought every gadget going and they are quite cool.

Best of all it turns heads even more than my 998 which is quite impressive for a pug!!

I shall probably wait until the facelift and buy another.

A

Anonymous

All this talk about the road holding & handling of the RCZ being doubtful...I drive quite fast but don't systematically thrash our RCZ, nor do I drive like an arrogant bighead, but I do enjoy the Turbo. But we had a Merc SLK 32 AMG superharged 365bhp, before our RCZ. I've also driven a TT & other 'drivers' cars.

Yes, I'm a woman, but I love speed & love testing whatever I'm driving, & I love this car. I find it very easy to handle & often leave boy racers & the likes, behind round corners, because I FIND this car great at sticking to the road round bends.

Ok, there is better out there, but for twice the price & often, for a fraction of the looks. Everybody's experiences are different I know, but in ours, this car is proving to be a great mixture of looks, economy, performance, reliability, spec...and all for around 25k...FABULOUS! :beer:

A

Anonymous

I would but if it becomes too common which it probably will I'll be looking for the next new thing!

A

Anonymous

Can only assume you have the 156hp spec...no cooper S gets past me and I have quads on my THP200 which has been modded.

My last few cars have been Audi A6 3.0TFSI , TT3.2 and quite a few sport cars. The RCZ may not be the quickest but as an all round fun package she hits all the buttons. On the boy racer front its not the car its the driver and they wonder why their insurance rates are so high...they think they can drive but they can't

jassyo06 said:
vote for what my friend i got my rcz because i lusted after its looks i said to my girlfriend i needed one of them :cool: i got my rcz when i was unemployed its true and didnt even test drive it my son arranged a test drive prior to leasing this car but i couldnt make it due to circumstances (he is a car salesman)i wish i had test drove it,the rcz pulls you in like a stunning sexy not too intelligent female but after a while you see her for what she is a superfiscial female with no long term enduring quality features the ifatuation dissapears very quickly,as i have said i am going to change it after the winter for what i dont know but i will,the rcz will get more popular and its rarity value will decrease i have a run of the mill 156bhp gt (leased) i really dont wish to demean this car i just wish it drove a bit better,i drove a 155bhp abarth punto 2 years ago it was a real nice drive with nice sharp steering very positive indeed but it was a fiat /ABARTH EVEN MORE RARE THAN AN A RCZ.my assumption was the pugeot had the same idea make the rcz that bit sharper to drive but sadly not they stuck with the 308 gti 200 thp that they have in europe but re-shelled it with this very entoxicating looking body shell well done peugeot :beer:

1. build quality very good as its built in austria the same plant aston build there rapide in(NEVER BUY A NEW CAR MODEL IN ITS FIRST 6 MONTHS OF PRODUCTION YOUR ASKING FOR ERRATIC QUALITY CONTROL ISSUES
2.stunning looks.
3.GREAT SPEC IN GT
4.IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT SPEC THE EXTERIOR AS FAR AWAY FROM STANDARD SPEC AS YOU CAN TO MAKE IT UNIQUE.
5.STAY AWAY FROM THE 4 PORT EXHAUST SYSTEM AS WHEN A MINI COOPER "S" FLY'S PAST YOU WITH ONLY A 2 PORT EXHAUST "SHEEP IN WOLF'S CLOTHING".
6.DONT SET DRIVING EXPECTATIONS TOO HIGH

A

Anonymous

No, wouldnt purchase again, not until present glitches are ironed out.