What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

how many owner's would do the rcz again - Poll added!

Who would buy another RCZ?

• Yes

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Only if improvements are made

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

as the heading says how many existing true owner's would buy another RCZ i know a couple have upgraded to a higher spec but ounce its a lot more common on the road(the rcz biggest attraction (RARITY) WOULD YOU DO IT again

A

Anonymous

Re: how many owner's would do the rcz again

After everything i have said about the quality of the RZC, i WOULD get another one, in a year or two if Peugeot addressed the issues raised.

Its strange, because before i bought mine i can honestly say i saw 2 in and around Swansea and even further afield, but now i see a different one most weeks, so i think the rarity thing is dissapearing fast.

A

Anonymous

I agree with Jactac,Peugeot need to address some issues pretty sharpish and not leave it to tail end 2012 or early 2013 as they will be well left behind as there is some decent coupe's due and the Rcz in it's current format will not compete.
But yes,if Peugeot wake up and bring on the Rcz we crave,i will buy again.

A

Anonymous

No question about it, YES. It offers fantastic value for money. It is a good looking car. (If you chose the colour of choice of course) It has amazing road handling. Economical to run and is well appointed. I have great fun and frills driving it. "it's eye candy for us having a mid life crisis" So all that I can say is thank you lord, I was born so long ago that I am in the middle of my mid life crisis and thoroughly enjoying it.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
No question about it, YES. It offers fantastic value for money. It is a good looking car. (If you chose the colour of choice of course) It has amazing road handling. Economical to run and is well appointed. I have great fun and frills driving it. "it's eye candy for us having a mid life crisis" So all that I can say is thank you lord, I was born so long ago that I am in the middle of my mid life crisis and thoroughly enjoying it.

Mid life crisis i know the feeling :( but it does not offer amazing road handling in my opinion as you know in my posts,its rare and i do appreciate the astronomical amounts of money owners have forked out for there specific models.i was working down in bradford this week :( not 1 rcz did i see only used audi's/golfs with cheap blue headlights ;) got up the road (home) not driven the rcz for 7 days and you what i didnt even give it a 2nd thought(really its not like me i am besoted with every car i have had but not the rcz .........................why ?am i missing something?is it the car or because its not to my spec more likely the latter

A

Anonymous

will bee first in the first to order the upgrade as and when, hope there will bee some better colours though.mind the amber red is certainly the best one at present. ron.

A

Anonymous

There is the old saying "you don't appreciate it, if you haven't paid for it* Youngsters expect/get luxuries far too easily these days. Luxuries of our youth would not interest the youth of today. They get too much, too soon and as a result they appreciate nothing. When you have had to save for or suffer whilst your parents saved for something then believe me, you appreciate it.
The RCZ is the best car that I have ever owned. I chose it, I specced it and I love it. I enjoy the thrill of the country lanes at speed (legal limit) as this car just takes the bends as if on rails. I was taken by surprise by a sharp left tonight (hadn't seen it) just turned the steering and accelerated around it. What a feeling. Sheer pleasure.

Just saw what Bee wrote. Bee nice Bee sensible and Bee honest "white is right and the colour of choice for the RCZ" :beer:

A

Anonymous

I lusted after the RCZ when it first appeared, I had to have one ! But, a year has gone by since the 'seduction' and I have'nt fallen in love with it. Still have trouble with the high clutch pedal, bang my knee on the steering wheel every time. Not enough adjustment in seat, means I am not fully comfortable. I worry about the build quality too, and the chance of £250 punctures ! The car should have been better, maybe the 'mk 2' will be, but I expect to be driving something else by then.

FGRob

Reaction score

I'm afraid the answer is no, in fact that's no to Peugeot full stop. Love the shape of the car but when you get into the underneath of the car its too basic for the price you are paying. Don't get me wrong there are also other manufacturers who have the same problem but I've managed to avoid them.

At the moment BMW seem to be acceptable and certainly Toyota and Honda are way out in front, maybe not in the design but certainly in quality of product and aftercare service - god it makes me cringe everytime I think about the damage that was done to my RZC.

It's an interesting question though, I think the test of time will be the biggest consideration for future purchases.

Rob

A

Anonymous

tallpaul said:
I lusted after the RCZ when it first appeared, I had to have one ! But, a year has gone by since the 'seduction' and I have'nt fallen in love with it. Still have trouble with the high clutch pedal, bang my knee on the steering wheel every time. Not enough adjustment in seat, means I am not fully comfortable. I worry about the build quality too, and the chance of £250 punctures ! The car should have been better, maybe the 'mk 2' will be, but I expect to be driving something else by then.

:text-goodpost:

Good sensible points, especially your first and last sentences, this is pretty much how i feel .

"I lusted after the RCZ when it first appeared, I had to have one ! But, a year has gone by since the 'seduction' and I have'nt fallen in love with it"
"The car should have been better, maybe the 'mk 2' will be, but I expect to be driving something else by then"

A

Anonymous

Mixed feeling's with member's i think,but as i stated on a similar topic this at the end of the day is a stunning coupe for the masses,so it will be flawed this is no German post 30k car it's a good car and affordable and nothing more,no one is more critical regarding its crude suspension than myself (200THP) set up for me spoils a superb chassis,as the miles have passed it's unforgiving and would benefit from the damping on the 156(THP).

But there is no other car on the road that has the RCZs presence for that price,and will be a popular choice im sure.
But one real concern i have is the volume of build issues noted on this car in it's first year,i alone have two dash rattles,wing mirror noises,exhaust rattle and cabin issues all with 9 to 10k.
Will Peugeot regret in the future launching a superb concept but built to sell,if they had placed a further 2 to 4k premiun on the rcz and fine tuned these cheap niggles im sure it would have still sold in volumes,have Peugeot created a monster,only time will tell.

RCZ1

Reaction score

As things stand, I would certainly have another RCZ. I should point out here that I've never had the same make or model car in succession before so for me, that's saying something :thumbup: As I've mentioned lots of times previously, I don't have any issues with my car that some others have experienced and I had a Friday afternoon build :!: :eusa-think:

It's not only the design that still attracs me (it IS beautiful) but the ride is a joy. I really do love it. Its smooth, refined and sporty when you want it to be. For my needs, its perfect. :D My ageing mother, who thinks anything over 30mph is too fast has never once complained about me driving too fast because the car is so perfectly poised especially on bendy country roads, which is what she usually hates. She used to hang onto the door handles in previous cars. Now she sits calmly with her hands on her lap, loving it :thumbup:

There's a lot of talk about german marques - better build quality, etc. On the whole yes, they probably do use better materials hence the higher prices and I've owned a couple (but on the whole I find the designs kind of boring - just my opinion) :shock: They may use better quality materials but it doesn't stop rattles, problems and the like - it's like anything, you get good and bad - two exact same models - one can be full of faults, the other no trouble at all - it's the way of the world, I'm afraid. My sister has had BMWs for the last 20 years or more, always brand new, changed every 3 years or so. One thing I always notice when I get in her cars is how rattly they are. If that's what you pay BMW the extra money for, then I for one, don't want it. The only BMW that's even remotely made me have a second look is the new BMW 1M but at £40,000 - its hardly worth that much - but I do like the design of it. From what I understand BMW even charge extra for indicator stalks :eusa-think: Well most of them don't ever indicate to warn other road users what they are doing :lol:

Nothing compares to the RCZ looks wise and yes, that is my primary concern, along with economy, when I choose a car :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

i shudder when owners say the rcz corner's "as if its on rails"in my opinion these owners have not driven a drivers car?? the steering is too anethetised with little road feel................its a jazzed up 308 end of :(

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
i shudder when owners say the rcz corner's "as if its on rails"in my opinion these owners have not driven a drivers car?? the steering is too anethetised with little road feel................its a jazzed up 308 end of :(

When you are old and infirm one needs anesthesia to enjoy the real pleasures of life. The RCZ does corner as if on rails and being anesthetized allows me to enjoy the cars full potential :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I agree,but why on god's earth did Peugeot just spend a little more time and money to create that special RCZ which is not very far away,after all they have full support to it's looks by both press and public alike,(minus that naff front end),after a year behind the wheel,i feel its very much a budget special,and as i keep on saying and yes i know i appear to repeat myself simple tuning and a little more passion could make this a very good car as Peugeot did produce with its 205 GTi and Rallye 106/306 versions(do you remember) Im not daft enough to say that these car's were high quality build no the complete opposite :wtf: but all had three thing in common French passion,flair and a bloody great drive :sleeping-yellow:
Yes i know im a boring 48 year old fart but one thing i have learn't over the years is a feel of a good car,and to be fair the Rcz is not a leap away. ;)

A

Anonymous

dolanog said:
Peugeot did produce with its 205 GTi and Rallye 106/306 versions(do you remember)

No I don't remember. I am not into cars by any stretch of the imagination. I choose a car on looks, then economy, followed by features and finally handling. This is my first ever Pug which is probably why they all look alike to me when travelling towards me. Sorry I am a bit of a philistine I know

A

Anonymous

It does seem as if the members with a bit of techy knowledge on cars (i'm not one of them) have hit the nail on the head with our fantastic looking RZC.

ITS NEARLY THERE BUT NOT QUITE THERE YET.

I've had lots and lots of cars in my past, and in all honesty I prefer comfort , quality with nice looks, personaly i wouldnt know if something was driving on the rails or not, well apart from when i get the 125 from Swansea to Cardiff now and then, and then i would prefer it to stay on the rails.

I just know how i feel about the RCZ now as an owner and how those feelings have diminished towards the RCZ since becoming an owner.

It's nothing drastic but i'm not jumping through hoops like i was on the day I picked it up !

A

Anonymous

jactac
It has been said before, but at the risk of boring others...... drive the damn car!!!! If you did then you WOULD know that it's like it's on rails. It is amazing, I ain't no racing driver but believe you me, I can sure as hell give the boy racers a run for their money in Pearl2. She wipes the floor with them on cornering and ain't slow off the blocks on the straight and she's a deisel!
I have never had a car that gives more pleasure than Pearl2. She is forgiving, fast and great great fun to own and DRIVE. But if you insist on just looking at your awful opal then at least admit that evan though she wears the wrong colour coat she has an amazing figure underneath it

A

Anonymous

There quite simply is NO other car out there at the moment which can deliver the same goods as the RCZ for the money (brand new).
This is fact..........

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
jactac
It has been said before, but at the risk of boring others...... drive the damn car!!!! If you did then you WOULD know that it's like it's on rails. It is amazing, I ain't no racing driver but believe you me, I can sure as hell give the boy racers a run for their money in Pearl2. She wipes the floor with them on cornering and ain't slow off the blocks on the straight and she's a deisel!
I have never had a car that gives more pleasure than Pearl2. She is forgiving, fast and great great fun to own and DRIVE. But if you insist on just looking at your awful opal then at least admit that evan though she wears the wrong colour coat she has an amazing figure underneath it

"boy racers" cars correct me if am wrong but you paid the best part £33,000 for your RCZ thats Golf gti 35edition Golf/scirroco R territory all of which would laugh at a rcz and are just as scarce on the road as well.as would a RS Focus which is in the price you paid for the rcz all are "boy racers cars" and for a grand more than you paid your unique rcz you could have had "Audi A4 S4" or even a "audi S3"

My lastcar a civic fn2 with only 198bhp would run rings round any rcz especially on a b road