What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How many miles out of tyres ?

A

Anonymous

Hi how many miles have people been getting out of tyres I have just hit 20k and not changed any tyres yet, not sure if that's good or bad. also how many miles so people get from a 156thp ? I get about 300 for a full tank £50. :beer: :helpme: :helpme:

A

Anonymous

eddreed said:
.....I have just hit 20k and not changed any tyres yet.....

Wow, that is good :clap:

I used to manage 10k a year for my fronts with about 20k for my rears.
Had the car four years and had to change the front tyres every year.

You're doing very well :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

17.5k for me and my fronts are still above the TWI markers by about 1mm. That's better than I managed on previous cars but my journey to work (which is most of my driving) now has fewer roundabouts than it used to since an office move. So that's likely to have had a decent impact as I'm not braking, cornering and accelerating as hard or often as I used to. My commute distance is the same though at about 14 miles and it's still the same proportion of dual carriageway to town roads.

hanswuk

Reaction score
I don't think I drive particularly gently but still got 30,000 out of my fronts and the rears now need replacing at 36,000 (original Contis). I've swapped to Michelins which are a little less harsh and noisey but it's too early to say how they're wearing.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
The answer will really depend on how you drive the car.

We drive hard and get @ 15K per set of tyres but rotate often to get the most out of the MPSS's. As for miles per tank, with our THP200 (252bhp) we get @ 350mpt and that is with all country road driving (no motorways or dual-carriageways used).

A

Anonymous

RCZ-Performance said:

We drive hard and get @ 15K per set of tyres but rotate often to get the most out of the MPSS's. As for miles per tank, with our THP200 (252bhp) we get @ 350mpg and that is with all country road driving (no motorways or dual-carriageways used).

350mpg?! You got a special electric RCZ there you've been developing? :lol:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
mistral_blue said:
RCZ-Performance said:

We drive hard and get @ 15K per set of tyres but rotate often to get the most out of the MPSS's. As for miles per tank, with our THP200 (252bhp) we get @ 350mpg and that is with all country road driving (no motorways or dual-carriageways used).

350mpg?! You got a special electric RCZ there you've been developing? :lol:
Well spotted, it was a test to see who is reading my posts :thumbup:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
According to mine, when I go downhill and Coast, I'm getting 999mpg. :eusa-think:

Trouble is, when I go back uphill in 3rd doing 80mph I'm getting @ 16mpg :shock:

A

Anonymous

DKZ5745 said:
According to mine, when I go downhill and Coast, I'm getting 999mpg. :eusa-think:

Trouble is, when I go back uphill in 3rd doing 80mph I'm getting @ 16mpg :shock:

trouble? is 80mph not fast enough in 3rd?

A

Anonymous

I have 24k on my tyres and still plenty of meat left on them

I drive most of my miles for work so in no particular hurry as driving time as work time cruise most of the time at 70 -75 and get 46 mpg on the average fuel count

I wish I could say the same about the Vette which I have never measured but a guestimate would be about 14 to the gallon!